Need a Decent Mortgage Broker!

TMNT, def not 68k Commodore lol, got a Landcruiser and wish I was FIFO but live in the Pilbara and work some pretty crap hrs to get the money I do so yes young and reckless but I have seen the world and had a bloody good life for the last few years but at the same time haven't really thought about a future plan until the last few months which is why I decided to start getting my a into g and sorting my life/finances out.

I did say that you couldnt have been more appropriate for the "cashed up kid with more money then sense" type comment, but 2 ips at your age is a fantastic effort though......just saying

I didnt get my first IP until in my 30s!!

If your buying in WA, the broker will need to meet you face to face at least once...we do have a WA broker on this forum Aka FMS - regular poster with some great reviews!

Colin Rice from Financial Momentum Solutions.

Else i do travel to perth once a month.

Cheers

+1 for Colin who goes the extra mile and always seems to reply to emails even on weekends.

I can highly recommend Aaron C from Ace Capital - the best I've come across so far, very knowledgeable and super efficient! Answers emails within minutes.

Plenty of good brokers on here - strongly recommend you run with one of the recommendations which has been provided.

Key priority for you will be getting your credit card debt paid off ASAP, followed by your car loan. I would be focussing on this before thinking about another property. You will be paying an absolutely fortune in interest annually on those loans which you are simply flushing down the toilet at this point.

No point having money in a savings account 'for a rainy day' when you are paying 18%+ on credit card interest. Pay off the credit card. If by chance a rainy day comes, you can always tap into the credit card again (but only as an absolute last resort!!!!!!).

Get your house in order before focussing on more IPs. On your income, should only take 12 months max.

Just my 2c.

I can highly recommend Aaron C from Ace Capital - the best I've come across so far, very knowledgeable and super efficient! Answers emails within minutes.

Good guy Aaron is and thinks outside the box based on my experience, and yes, very responsive.

Cheers, Ivan

We're very happy with Rolf Latham from this forum - he has come up with a plan to extricate us from a cross collateration situation.

Woeful in top ups and up front valuations

Premium brokers :p have access to upfront vals and a good BDM who knows the back house system inside out on your side helps.

Done a few top ups with no probs of late. They may be bias :)

They are not the fastest cabs of the rank that's for sure but I always manage client expectation with a pre warning and will tend to avoid if in a rush for finance approval.

Last edited:
we do have a WA broker on this forum Aka FMS - regular poster with some great reviews!

Colin Rice from Financial Momentum Solutions.

Else i do travel to perth once a month.Cheers

Thanks for the kind words Mick.

BTW I have served my Tenure with Financial Momentum Solutions and have set up my own operation based out of an office in Stirling (near the Stirling council building) trading under the Name "Empower Finance", just to clarify any possible confusion in regards to my signature being amended.

Feel free to give us a bell when you are in Perth if you have time on one of your monthly trips Mick.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Mick.

BTW I have served my Tenure with Financial Momentum Solutions and have set up my own operation based out of an office in Stirling (near the Stirling council building) trading under the Name "Empower Finance", just to clarify any possible confusion in regards to my signature being amended.

Feel free to give us a bell when you are in Perth if you have time on one of your monthly trips Mick.

Colin, congratulations and well done in taking the next step. i'm sure this new chapter will be rewarding for you.

Premium brokers :p have access to upfront vals and a good BDM

thanks for the tip, got the upfront vals now.

There are other reasons why Im not a large volume fan of BWA, long memory/

Aside from the Business Banking practices a few years ago that could be construed to be unethical ( very), I have had my own business experiences with BWA well over 10 years ago that showed me that I would not want to give them too much rope.

Various other smaller "operational" incidents directly and via other brokers over the years mean I will use them where I need to, and a client has little other option.

While they have cleaned things up a lot under the CBA ownership and license, there are still things you simply cant rely on.

There are one or 3 nieches that they have, one of which is about to get the chop.

ta
rolf

Hi Colin

Empower Finance came up on Google as 19/45 Delawney St, Balcatta (Principal, Alison Limb) ?

Yep, did my googling before committing to the name. It is actually Empower Finance Group Alison trades under. I have secured the trading name "Empower Finance" via the official channels.

I have no doubt I will come up first in the google rankings within a short time with all my online activity learnt by trial and error.

There are other reasons why Im not a large volume fan of BWA, long memory/

Aside from the Business Banking practices a few years ago that could be construed to be unethical ( very), I have had my own business experiences with BWA well over 10 years ago that showed me that I would not want to give them too much rope.

Yes, have had some issues when dealing with the business bankers in the past. Quick email to the state manager with the perpetrators details soon got it fixed though.

Yes, have had some issues when dealing with the business bankers in the past. Quick email to the state manager with the perpetrators details soon got it fixed though.

Stuff I'm talking about is a bit more on the post settlement side when wanting to clear out the book of loans that are no longer wanted ......

Ta
Rolf

I'm in WA and would be happy to help if you havent found someone already. I'm new to the forum but here is my linkedin profile http://lnkd.in/bXj3RA9. I'm in the middle of negotiating a joint venture with a real estate office so that's why my current post is a little vague. Still working though and happy to help if you'd like to message me privately I'm happy to work on this.

Back