need help to access money

anyone out there know how to access 10K in a few days?

we have three IP's (2x positively geared) plus PPOR. Need cash fast for os trip payment. Credit cards full. Will be getting lump sum Feb09 and will pay back then.

Tried three times since July to refinance property twice lo doc and once full doc but each time the lenders had a different reason for saying no. Properties were refinanced in 2005 to 80% but don't value up now.

Seems like if we had bad credit and no assets we could get our hands on anything.,...but with perfect credit and assets...its a no goer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you get another credit card?

Last thing I would normally suggest, but given the short time frame it may be the most economical solution.
Marg

There's short term lenders but you'll pay through the nose. Other than that, sell something you own (car, kids etc) and buy again when you get your lump sum.

Doesn't seem to be any other way.

Do you own a car? Maybe sell it or obtain a loan against it?

I'll ask as no one else has...why go on a $10k OS holiday if you are this stretched financially? (maybe booked a while back when finances/business income was better. You wouldn't be the only one whose finances are tight at the moment...me included) What $ will you lose if you cancel the holiday?

Also what is the lump sum payment in February 2009 for? Can you borrow against this future payment? (if it is a tax refund I think some accountants may do this)

thanks guys, yes I know it seems odd to be planning a holiday in this environment...
Lump sum is payout on departure from full time employment (roughly $100K)...to concentrate on business.
Just thought knowing the depth of members knowledge it might be worth asking.
Responses are much appreciated, cheers

My daughter tried to get $2,000, 18mths interest free from Furn Store to buy a lounge. They wouldn't give it to her cause she didn'y have enough debt, it wasn't in THEIR best interest because she could pay it off!!

Back