Need some advice on first PPOR project

I am in need of some advice with my first PPOR project.
We have decided to buy a land and built a duplex, one as a PPOR And the other to sell.
Currently, I am eyeing few reasonable priced land to built the duplex on. Being in the Gold Coast, the risk is that the duplex wont sell at the price i would hope for.
I have done a little research on my local area on the price range that duplexs would sell for, council restrictions, growth factors etc.
I refer to brochures like Dixon houses to get an estimate of how much building may costs.
I also read up mags like API with costing on projects to get estimation on expected expenses in the council cost, development cost, survey cost, solicitor fees etc.... i know i am just scratching the surface and really have very little idea of the whole process. I know I would need a project manager and a builder to help me with the costing and see if the numbers stacks up before I commit to buying the land.

Would love to hear what you guys think and if anyone has done anything similar especially first timers.
Also, could anyone recommended me contacts they have used builder, project manager, solicitor...Actually a whole team of contacts would be great!!! :)

Tomorrow, I will be heading with a recommended builder to the site to get an estimation cost from him. He is quite expensive but reliable, I was told.
Any questions I should be made aware to ask him if I were to sign his services? What other services can a builder he able to provide for me? ( council related stuff etc?)

Thanks and look forward to some replies!

And please be brutally honest with me if you think that I haven't done enough ground work etc....I don't want to be burnt because I wasn't prepared .

GC build costs are quite ok at the moment-there isnt much work around

having said that, the Dixon brochures are pretty much the bottom end of the market in terms of pricing, ok product, just you wont find many that will build around that price

ta

rolf

what suburb are we talking ?

A dixon duplex on Sovereign wont sell well:)

ta
rolf

I wish!! :rolleyes:

It's in Upper Coomera...it is growing massively esp the past 1 year.
There are 2 mcD, hungry jacks, Masters, Aldi and Shell, 3 Carltexes!! BP gas station, 3 private schools and 2 public school all in 2 minutes drive of each other! Hmmmm...don't they make a good mix.

Now all we need is the new Town Westfield Centre to really get things rock and rolling!

Back