Need some guidance on my situation

Terry, stupid question from an ignorant person but can you give any examples of a financial advisor who has made money for a client??

Yes, there are plenty of examples out there, especially with superannuation.

One example of saving money is to advise an elderly client to appoint a power of attorney who can then withdraw her super prior to death so that it falls into her estate rather than being passed on as death benefits to children over the age of 25. A $1mil super balance could result in up to $300k tax inside super or Nil outside. Got to get the timing right, but most people's deaths are not sudden so when on the death bed the attorney can make the withdrawal.

Yes, there are plenty of examples out there, especially with superannuation.

One example of saving money is to advise an elderly client .....

So does this mean I talk to a financial advisor after I have made the money?
Or at the least after I know how, where & how much money I can make - then I go to them for financial advise?
I guess at the end of the day... we just got to get off our bum and make money. No amt of Financial Advise, tax structures, etc will help at the start.

Agree with Y-Man and Deltaberry! You got to work how,what,etc start working at it - and then possibly think of tax, etc.

So does this mean I talk to a financial advisor after I have made the money?

That was just one example and it doesn't mean that.

It may mean that you should not discount talking to a financial advisor or a estate planning lawyer just because you are a successful investor because one simple strategy could save you a fortune.

Back