New cityrail line -NSW, Sydney

http://www.cityrail.info/networkmaps/network_map.pdf

Re: Suburbs close to the stations Macquarie University, Macquarie Park, North Ryde (Epping, and Chatswood)

1) Will there be possible capital gains as the stations open in the near future?

Other points of view I have heard:
-Capital gains occur ahead of the opening of new stations, usually after the news

2) Are these areas good in the long term, due to people buying up in these areas because they can't afford the north shore?

All the best!

-Capital gains occur ahead of the opening of new stations, usually after the news

As the old addage goes 'buy the rumour, sell the fact'

2) Are these areas good in the long term, due to people buying up in these areas because they can't afford the north shore?

There's some very good areas in there with people knocking over homes and building 4/5b/room project homes. New home in these areas start from $1mil. East Ryde your looking at about $650k for a block with a knock down on it, Epping is probably more. I cant see much value in these areas for the time being.
I see more value in concord area. 9km from CDB and will have the benefit of the M4 east when the government gets their act together.

I'd steer clear of marsfield unless your looking to get into a townhouse/unit.

all the rail speculating got done 5-6 years ago. apart from that its all the facilities in the area, business area, Uni, train station, bus routes, shopping centres that will keep the demand for these areas high

http://www.sydlink.com.au/

What about the north metro line planned:

"Construction and operation

Construction is anticipated to commence in 2010.

The first section of the metro, between the Hills Centre and Epping, will be open by 2015. The entire North West Metro, from Rouse Hill to the City will be open by 2017."

If a purchase was made now, would that be buying the rumour or a fact?

Epping will look hot in 2015.

until we get a liberal state government, dont get your hopes up for ANY public transport (or any cheap) transport infrastructure for the northwest.

I'd love to have a train line out in the hills, but it aint gunna happen for a long time.

Another thing to consider is that the contract for the M7 forbids the gvnt from building any rail transport for 15 years in the same areas that the M7 services.... there is more than likely a similar clause in the contract for the M2..... but the M2 did open in 1996 or 1997 iirc, so by 2011 that 15 years should be up :)

Back