New home approvals in 10 days

Planning reforms mean new homes in NSW could get approval from councils in just 10 days

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/realestate/n...ys/story-fnd91nhy-1226621123968#ixzz2QaqDEuYF

This sounds like very good news, except if you are a town planner :) Finally, the NSW Housing Code is actually being enforced and made to work like it was supposed to.
The multi-unit fast-tracking is especially welcome. I dont mind being "done out of" a career if it will help my property development prospects :)

This is a very interesting news !

Does this mean more properties will be approved and built, as speed up the approval process ?!

More supply flood into the market meaning ??? ( price will fall ? as everything being equal)

What does everyone think ?

Taylor

the 10 day turnaround already operates in NSW under the NSW Husing Code. Not all Council's allow use of the code so this change will fgorce them to. Further to this, it will mean a turnaround of 25 days maximum for up to 20 townhouses. Those here on the forum who do develoments (or want to start doing them) should be very pleased with this news. I perused the relevant Government white paper this morning and its generally great news. If you want to have a read it's at www.planning.nsw.gov.au

Beat me. I just came to post the same thing.

I worked on the NSW Housing Code. I think this is a great extension of the policy. Get planners away from small things that should be just assessed against some set controls and approved, and into major projects and strategic planning.

I'm doing up a guide to what it means and what the impacts are which I will post up herre.

I wish the NSW state govt concentrated on removing private certifiers so at least we could havge some faith in new builds.

Load of bollocks. I work with a number of very good private certifiers who, because they have to have their own insurance, unlike Council certifiers, actually triple check their work.

I wish the NSW state govt concentrated on removing private certifiers so at least we could havge some faith in new builds.

Are you serious? Surely not? I love PCA's they have made my life so much easier rather than dealing with notorious councils like Ku-Ring Gai and Warringah.

Why do you say this?

Regards

Shahin

Back