New Invention

Hey guys,

I had a dream last night that I had invented something (secret) which made me realise that there are so many things I can think of inventing which could benifit us all.

Now the million dollar question is. Who do I go to, to talk more about my ideas and how I can materialise those ideas?

If you guys had a new invention in mind. What steps would you take to turn those ideas into reality?

Cheers,
Ahmad

Hi Ahmad,

The first thing I would be doing would be searching around to make sure that your invention hasn't been done already.

ciao

Nor

if you're serious, get your ideas on paper and get them before a patents solicitor who can check national and international patents on the same or similar concepts.

for finance you might need to bring in outside help - do a google search on venture capital, private equity and equity angels...there are a fair few of them around...the only one i have had any dealings with is ausfirst http://www.ausfirst.com/bitweaver/wiki/

that is not a recommendation per se, but i was at an investment seminar recently where the bloke from there taught some interesting stuff - and i had a talk with him later and he did impress me greatly...no mean feat!!

hope this helps some :)

p.s. have a look at some of the supported inventions they have on the site - i saw the ezy plastering and the harcourt engine presentations - if it gets off the ground like they think it will...

New inventions and new products don't mean anything without the proper background of businesses marketing and systems.

What are your skills like in business development?

If you have limited experience then find someone who has experience in taking an idea and turning into an empire.

Some examples: Mc Donalds: Crap food (product is insignificant), but they have world class systems, marketing and real estate investing ideas which makes them successfull.

Little corner deli's in comparison run by mums and dads offer a better product at a cheaper price but don't have the systems to have a successfull business.

Lynux (I think thats how you spell it), is a better more stable and free operating system. Although it has all these benefits, it cannot compete with microsoft who have more superior marketing and business systems but offer a product that makes computers crash on a regular basis!

People invent ideas and products all the time, very few people can turn it into an empire!

Back