New IP - local property manager or the one I already used before?

Hi, I am trying to decide whether to rent out the new IP through one of the local agencies or to give it to the property manager I already used in the past?
The agency is about 3 suburbs away from the area - not that far away but still definetely not local, so majority of their other listings would be in another area. I am sure that would not be a problem once the property is tenanated, but I am worried whether they would be the best option in finding a tenant, if most people coming to them would not be looking for a property in my suburb?

I had been happy with their services in the past, any issues were resolved quickly. They do not manange any other properties for me right now.

Do you think having a local agent with their database of potential tenants is important to rent the property quickly, given the other factors are about the same?

Having a local database is irrelevant, tenants will apply when they see it listed online

3 suburbs is 10-15 min drive, not too far at all

1) Vendors & Landlords visit the agent's website not buyers or tenants
2) Tenants don't particularly look at which agent is leasing a property (unless they have a reputation with an agency)
3) Location of the agent shouldn't be a factor in selection of the agent or their ability to find/select a tenant.

Thanks Scott and Dave, it makes sense - I think I am confusing myself too much with different scenarios! Will contact the old agent tomorrow :)

Back