New Years

Anyone had a settlement near the New Years? I've been advised to push the settlement date further back due to people being away. Bollocks, although I'm still glad it will be settled:)

Pretty rare to find a conveyancer who works over the xmas/new years break. You may find REAs and brokers that will.

Cheers

Jamie

We have just purchased at auction with settlement being pushed back from the 30th December 2014 to 5th January 2015.

Like Scott stated, better for land tax.

Our conveyancer is working as is our PM who has listed the property for lease.

Have had a lot of trouble getting properties settled within the fortnight after Christmas. It is mostly the conveyancers or solicitors. Even if yours is available, it doesn't mean the vendors will be. I recall knocking on locked doors of solicitors offices one year to try get a settlement sorted out.

Also ask yourself if you really want to own the property any time between 15/12/xx and 15/01/xx. This is usually the worst time of the year to try find a tenant. The best time of the year is usually 15/01/xx to late Feb.

Any reason why conveyancers don't work during that time?

It's a common time for anyone to go on holidays. Makes even more sense for those in the real estate industry to take time off over this period as things are a lot slower.

Cheers

Jamie

It's a common time for anyone to go on holidays. Makes even more sense for those in the real estate industry to take time off over this period as things are a lot slower.

Cheers

Jamie

Especially solicitors (and therefore conveyancers) as the courts are closed over Christmas.

Back