noisy neightbours solutions please.

Call their telephone.
Block your phone number.

Ring their doorbell and then run:D

Have a recording of a dog barking, as close as you can to them, but still on your property.
When they make a noise..play it.

If the property is tenanted try and find the owner.
With my council if you have a fence adjoining you can ask for the owners details.
You could always take the muffler off you lawnmower and start it up at 7am
and wake them up, they will soon get the message.

Last edited:
well if they are up till 4-5 am then they must have to sleep during the day 8am-3pm at least. What i did with mine (i believe they were on drugs over the road) was play loud music/dj during the day around 10am - 12, who before you know it the scummer was coming outside yelling to turn it down cos they couldn't sleep, i pretended i couldn't hear, turned the bass up more and hey presto, never again to hear a loud late party ever. This was an every fri to sunday night event prior to this, i had enough and worked. They now moved out about 9months ago ... yay!

if they are up late, they sleep during the day so try find a way to annoy them, mow the lawn, rev the car, ring their bell, play loud music hahahah.

...otherwise the more civil thing to do is report to police or knock on the door and complain. stuff 'em!

Great ideas and hilarious laughs too . Thnks guys .

I spoke to the person in charge and dropped another letter in the owners letterbox . The above both care
but the ones in the house these r 20 yr old guys and they don't seem to care enough.
If I c any if them I will talk to them or I may call them especially .
The noise is at 12 1, 2 3 am and I am half awake so can't call police as not awKe enough to . But by the end I am finally fully Wake si they go to sleep
at 3.30 leaving me wide awake for hours .

If there's a next time I will go to police .

Great ideas and hilarious laughs too . Thnks guys .

I spoke to the person in charge and dropped another letter in the owners letterbox . The above both care
but the ones in the house these r 20 yr old guys and they don't seem to care enough.
If I c any if them I will talk to them or I may call them especially .
The noise is at 12 1, 2 3 am and I am half awake so can't call police as not awKe enough to . But by the end I am finally fully Wake si they go to sleep
at 3.30 leaving me wide awake for hours .

If there's a next time I will go to police .

Holy :eek:

This guys a machine, maybe he has shares in Viag.. :cool: He seems rather Bullish

Send him a reward, not a complaint

:D

Noisy neighbour. Different cause.

My neighbour was making a solo effort "packing up the car"
Metal on metal bashing sounds.
Slamming shut doors/boot after each item
Crashing shut metal garage door and padlocking

Went on for ages and ages.

Darkness was no barrier. He had a minor's lamp helmet on! (I kid you not)

What you do is call the police and say there is a noise coming from number blah and you are not sure what it is. When the uniformed constabulary knock on the door and politely speak to them about noise then they will get the message.

On the plus, odds are that your neighbours will be in a good mood when the get the door knock based on the fact that each orgasm prompts serotonin and dopamine production (feelgood neurotransmiters that elevate mood). As well as oxytocin (bonding hormone). With all that euphoric rush you don't want it to be you that knocks on the door, how awkward if you get an invite you'd rather decline!

I wouldn't bother with the Police. My experience is that the cops have better things to do than to attend a noise complaint.

I would suggest seeking a noise abatement order from the Local Court (http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/noise/noiseabatement.htm). I would hope that the "shame" of having to attend Court and argue or otherwise explain the source of the noise should be sufficiently embarassing for the young lads. If it further encourages their noctural yearnings then at least you have a legally enforceable order which you should then call the Police about.

Of course, if you can be bothered you should attempt "mediation" through the Community Justice Centre. Don't bother with Council. Council usually wants to evidence the source of the problem themselves and it's unlikely that they will attend at 12am to corroborate your complaint.

-Rupert.

guys across from me were party people, after they had a kid they stopped (we'll see how long it lasts) not sure how you are gonna get them pregnant though...haha

The joy of being young - don't think of anyone except themselves

1. Record the noise and send it to them with a score/rating, offer suggestions to improve.

2. Drop a few letters in their letterbox.

3. Invite some friends around, set out the camping chairs, drinks, nibblies & umbrella on kerb.

4. Get a life, install a fan in your bedroom, turn on fan and go to sleep.

5. Ring them up and ask if they are in pain?

Sheryn

^^^ continuation

6. Wear your best "pool boy" outfit and go knock on their door next time they're at it.......:p
Wukka bow wukka!!

Boods

Neighbour problems , yep thats a bloody toughy alright , been there done that. It's usally taken 2 or 3 mths and more than one very loud yelling session.
If it's only one night every few weeks though , save yourself some grief and just buy some ear plugs.

We have a new band down the road at the moment. They rehearse at his place seems every three wks or so. Goes all day until 2 - 3am and then the same again the next , and then their done for another 3 or 4 wks.
Not bad music either , we don't worry about it though it's quite nice for the first 9 or 10 hrs !

Goodluck

yeah if it's only every few weeks, maybe he's an army boy and only gets to come home every now and then...

Maybe the best option is to ask them to start a bit earlier and finish at a more reasonable time.

Back