Northmead - Help from NSW people

Hiya,

Wife and I are having a sniff at a place in Northmead. The ad says it's near the M2 and only minutes from the Parramatta CBD. We've read those before....."only minutes" in a lear jet could be ± 10 or 15 kms.

Does anyone know this area like the back of their hand ??

Any help or comments would be appreciated.

Hi Dazzling

The M2 is basically in Baulkham Hills (where I grew up) then there is Northmead and Parramatta.

It would take about 5-10 mins to drive from Northmead to Parramatta.

Jacque will probably have more up to date info as she lives in the area.

I have not lived there in quite a few years but my family still does.

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/getMap.do?nref=getMap

Regards

Regrow

Thanks for the map site regrow. That answered one of the questions about where exactly it was. I'm actually quite surprised how close it is to Parramatta.

Jacque, I suppose the two biggest questions I have are ;

What the improved dirt generally sells for per sqm.
What would be the nett rental yield be.

The property is on a nice corner block, currently tenanted to a big well established business.

Land content is 16,790 sqm. Improvements total 9,200 sqm, with about 130 carparks.

Nett rent is high.

The sister has kindly agreed to zip around there and have a squizz at the place for me tomorrow and take a few snaps, but it's not really her area of expertise. Any help appreciated.

Hi Daz

Sorry but didn't realise you were referring to commercial property- not my area I'm afraid.

Northmead is well located to the hub of Parra, however, and has a lot going for it, in terms of position and surrounding growth (Norwest sector).

Good luck with it all regardless.... :)

I also grew up in Baulkham Hills, and have worked at Northmead, so has my other half.

I would say it is an OK area. Close to Parramatta, M2,
Windsor Rd is the pitts though.

There has been quiet a lot of development in Northmead over the past few years as far as homeunits, don't really know about the commercial side.

I don't venture there much now though.

Back