NSW - How to remove tenants prior to end of lease?

Help please!

I have a tenant in NSW who it seems is causing water damage due to their bathing habits and general lack of grey matter.

They have 4 months or so remaining on a 12 month lease.

I want them out.

What avenues exist in the tenancy act to remove them?

Property requiring repair? (bathroom repair/reno?)
Uninhabitable (an exaggeration in this case)

I'm not seeking any money from them, I just want to break the lease and let them go without incurring further expense.

Any similar experiences?

Thanks.

Tell them you are increasing their rent..a lot.
If they want to move now, you will not make them pay any break leases charges.

You might have a tough time getting them out as you will have to take the tenant to the tribunal. You will need to prove they are causing damage (what is being damaged? Bathrooms are wet areas, if it isn't waterproof or the drains don't work, it is not their fault, they only need to advise of a problem & you fix it).

Help please!

I have a tenant in NSW who it seems is causing water damage due to their bathing habits and general lack of grey matter.

"It seems" suggests that you are not certain that the tenants are causing the problem. Who has told you that this is the case, or what has made you come to this conclusion?

If you want to go to the tribunal to evict them you will need definite evidence that they are causing damage.
Marg

"It seems" suggests that you are not certain that the tenants are causing the problem. Who has told you that this is the case, or what has made you come to this conclusion?

If you want to go to the tribunal to evict them you will need definite evidence that they are causing damage.
Marg

I'm not looking at using this issue as the reason as it's difficult to "prove" and pointless.
I'm looking for any other means or methods to break the lease. Even something as simple as Terryw's suggestion is probably worth a shot. Everything is negotiable I guess!

TerryW's option is about your only chance.

Our son recently moved back to Victoria unexpectedly. Rather than rent for 10 months until the lease on his Melbourne house expired he negotiated with the tenant for them to leave early. Cost him a fair bit but they agreed a figure which he felt was worth it to him.
Marg

Default on your mortgage payments and allow the bank to reposses the property. That will do the trick.

You've signed a contract with the tenant to supply them with accomodation. Unless they are in breach of the contract you'll struggle to move them along - however money talks.

Back