NSW real estate contract - urgent

Hi Does anyone know where I can get a contract to purchase a property in NSW - quickly. First time buyer in this state thought it might be like QLD or SA where its easy to pick up a contract. I have heard that solicitors have to prepare the contracts but I was hoping for a DIY alternative .

Hi Does anyone know where I can get a contract to purchase a property in NSW - quickly. First time buyer in this state thought it might be like QLD or SA where its easy to pick up a contract. I have heard that solicitors have to prepare the contracts but I was hoping for a DIY alternative .

You are right. In NSW solicitors usually prepare the contract rather than estate agents.

Are you sure you want to go down the DIY route - do you really know enough to protect yourself as there will be a solictor on the other side?

It's probably taking too big a risk to save a few dollars

I agree with Michael, ...... I've bought 3 IP's in NSW and I certainly wouldn't want to go the DIY option ...... think very carefully before taking on.

Martin

thank you for the advice but I am curious why is preparing your own contract in NSW so tricky when in SA we have bought and sold dozens of properties over the years and always done our own contracts?

Back