Nudgee 4014 or Arana Hills 4054 (Houses)?

Hi peeps!

I'm in the thick of due diligence on both suburbs and can't make a decision. I like both and want to buy in one of them - but I can't choose which!

Both have comparable variables (pro's and con's) making the decision harder. Both (mostly) check out ok on Floodwise too...

Looking at sub $400K houses for a longterm B&H strategy, chasing CG.

Any advise or thoughts you have would be most welcome :)

If it's between those two, my recommendation is Nudgee primarily because of commercial infrastructure in surrounding suburbs (e.g., Brisbane Airport, Westfield Chermside, Nundah Village, Eagle Farm, and NBN) + transport "hubs" (e.g., train line divergent points - Eagle Junction and Northgate; bus interchange at Westfield Chermisde) + employment opportunities.

Any thoughts around Boondall, Geebung, or even a bit further out like Bracken Ridge?

Geebung/Boondall/Zillmere offer good value too (for units, villas, townhouses), but I'm not sure about detached houses. Higher odds of your house on 600sqm being 'boxed in' by Townhouse and unit developments in every direction, over coming years.

I love Arana Hills because of the hilly aspect. See, so many hilly blocks are a developer's nightmare which is great news for house owners because it means developers are less likely to touch these blocks! That means that over time, the appeal of a bushy, leafy outlook and low-rise detached houses will (hopefully!) make the area higher-demand and see CG swell probably more than those abovementioned districts (which by then will be a sea of units and townhouses).

I'm not dismissing these areas (as I said; I own IP's up that way myself), but for my purposes, a CG-long-term'er is what I'm looking for, hence the house-centric suburbs I mentioned.

Thanks for the tip on Nudgee!

Back