NZ Banks

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, although I will admit to being a lurker more than a few times!

We have one IP which we bought a few months ago, its c/f +tive and we are happy keeping it that way. We got our mortgage through Kiwibank for the lower rates and liked the principle (NZ owned etc). However, the reality hasn't been so idyllic and we have had numerous little annoying problems with Kiwibank and especially their service.

A few weeks ago we decided to purchase a PPOR (we are currently renting), and Kiwibank has declined to lend us any more money because my job is on a contract basis. I have been contracting for more than five years and can prove my income but this won't help with them. Our first loan was purely based on my partner's income, and even though we borrowed less than we were pre-approved for, they won't lend us anything more.

So after this the problems we have had, we aren't too sorry to be seeing the back of Kiwibank anyway.

We have gone to a mortgage broker and they have come back to us with an offer from ANZ for more than we will need. Finally, onto my question: has anyone dealt with ANZ, what are they like for investors, and is there anyone else you would recommend as better? ANZ have offered us 1/2 percent off their published rates.

Any information/experiences would be gratefully received... I am aware that a lot of posters are Australian, but I know there are a few NZers.

Thanks very much,

Lulu

Hi Lulu,

First off also try posting the same question at landlords.co.nz they have an active forum for NZ - also try housemouse.co.nz another active forum. We have loans with ASB and they are awesome !

Please also post your updates here - I am interested in what happends.

Best Regards

Marc

have used them on 2 investment property's now . had no problem with them at all.
all though the over the counter service did vary a little between certain branchs. Well the lower socio economic branchs had bad service and those in wealther areas had good service. But i guess this could be said to alot of other company's also.

Hi, thanks very much for the replies. Its always great to have others share their experiences with you.

We're refinancing with ANZ, due to settle in a few weeks, who so far have been very helpful. We feel a lot more sorted out than we did before, especially with the help of a good mortgage broker. We're just keeping our fingers crossed that we have no more bother for a while!

Cheers

Jane

Back