Obama and his fainting routine

Saw someone faint behind Obama the other day on some program while flicking.

Seemed strange that he 'noticed' even though it happened behind him.

Turns out that it's part of his routine. His watchers are on the lookout for fainter's and then he jumps to the rescue.

In this clip someone has captured all the routines same lines different rallies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPzboLdqKy4

How pathetic is this?

Cheers

It's pretty interesting...

I'm no Obama lover, although it's pretty smart that he has a little 'plan' for these events.

At first I thought it was pretty lame too, but then I realised it's because 'us voters' would think he's foolish/unprepared/uncaring/weak if he didn't react in this precise way.

Saw someone faint behind Obama the other day on some program while flicking.

Seemed strange that he 'noticed' even though it happened behind him.

Turns out that it's part of his routine. His watchers are on the lookout for fainter's and then he jumps to the rescue.

In this clip someone has captured all the routines same lines different rallies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPzboLdqKy4

How pathetic is this?

Cheers
I don't think it's pathetic;

Smart, yes.

He and/or the Party have recognised that this problem exists and have put in steps to to maximise the benefit from it for them.

But they can't win - plan for it and it seems shifty.

Do nothing and they are uncaring.....like when the cops chase some f/wit who tries to drive away from them. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I remember lining up at School Assembly every Monday morning as a kid...usually about an hour of standing in one spot, and there were numerous incidents of kids fainting from standing in one spot for too long...

My wife is one of them. Her first day in the OR as a nurse; standing watching a long laborious operation and fainted there too.

It makes sense...from my limited knowledge, it seems that Americans will wait for a loooong time to see their president, if they have been in the sun for 6 hours waiting plus a 2 hour speech with not food/water. Either that, or it's like all the ladies with Michael Jackson back in the 80s, work themselves up and faint.

Good that he looks out for the situation. it's not really any different to the Big Day Out, except no fire hose...

I'm not surprised that he was so quick turning around and grabbing that woman, either. He would have seen all the people in the front few rows of the audience looking at her as she wobbled. If I was Obama and saw a bunch of people looking open mouthed at something happening right behind me, I would turn around pretty quickly, too.

Obama needs a teleprompter on all his speeches and has often been caught out
when it fails and does not know what to say next.

It's all written down for him and I suspect the prompt to "rescue" is there too.

It's all written down for him and I suspect the prompt to "rescue" is there too.

This is the norm with all politicians, even in Oz, its "smoke and mirrors"

You sound like a republican. Nothing wrong with using modern technology instead of hand notes. Obama frequently speaks well without the teleprompter, for example during questions. For someone in his position it's important not to make mistakes in speeches so a teleprompter helps with that. Republicans fail to mention that Reagan also preferred the teleprompter.

How's that Obamacare going?

Good if you are exempt like unions and their staff.:rolleyes:
Their healthcare system is stuffed.

Unfortunately, the disgracefully megarich pharmaceutical companies and health insurance companies are now running the show....the are buying up and setting up all the medical facilities as well.

They spend a bazillion on lobbying, and make sure things fall their way.

The average person can seriously not afford any decent private healthcare over there, and due to insurances for malpractice and every other bloody thing that we smart Mr. Thong folk do to sue someone's @rse, the cost of simple operations is prohibitive.

Keep in mind that the US government spends more on healthcare per capita than Australia or any other OECD country.

The current US healthcare system is broken.

We spend less on healthcare per head yet we don't have people declaring bankruptcy or skipping meals because the were uninsured when they got sick.

Keep in mind that the US government spends more on healthcare per capita than Australia or any other OECD country.

The current US healthcare system is broken.

We spend less on healthcare per head yet we don't have people declaring bankruptcy or skipping meals because the were uninsured when they got sick.

Because we have a system that provides care for those who don't have or can't afford health insurance. The US only does for the very poor, meaning the 'working poor' or the uninsured are not covered by the government system.

'Obamacare', apparently would provide some cover for those who can't afford health insurance.

Heard from a colleague the other day that a couple he knows pay $8000 per year EACH in health insurance in the US.

Last edited:
Heard from a colleague the other day that a couple he knows pay $8000 per year EACH in health insurance in the US.
This would be about right.

When we lived there, my wife was covered under her contract with the nursing agency she worked for, but that was only 75% cover.

When you consider that a more basic operation such as an appendix removal is around $10k, it doesn't help folks.

For my son and I it was going to be upwards of $500 per month for similar cover - still with the co-pay component, basic hospital cover.

We ended up arranging travel insurance from Aus with 100% cover, at a cost of about $1600 per year from memory, payable in advance of course.

That's a lot - do they get something out of that health insurance that we don't? Does it provide better cover? Genuinely interested because I keep hearing of people getting bankrupted by health cover in the USA.

Back