Obtaining higher RCode rating

Hey

When a property is zoned say R15/40, how easy is it to go for the r40 zoning.
Is it a longer more expensive process?

Cheers

Hey

Cheers

Longer and more expensive - generally - because it usually means building the block to maximise it's potential. For example at R15 it might be suitable for a single dwelling, at R40 it becomes a triplex. So they would generally allow the 'upgrade' if you propose to build a triplex. They might not allow it if you propose to put a house in the backyard and only make it a duplex.

This is by no means concrete - some councils will stipulate on the website what you need to do but it's best to call the Planning Dept and get further information.

Longer and more expensive - generally - because it usually means building the block to maximise it's potential. For example at R15 it might be suitable for a single dwelling, at R40 it becomes a triplex. So they would generally allow the 'upgrade' if you propose to build a triplex. They might not allow it if you propose to put a house in the backyard and only make it a duplex.

This is by no means concrete - some councils will stipulate on the website what you need to do but it's best to call the Planning Dept and get further information.

Thanks Westminster, yip I'm going to give them a bell Monday morning. Looking at making a second purchase in Perth, thinking I've found a good one but I'm sure there's going to be about 100 others gunning for it in this market haha.

Hey

Cheers

What Local Government is it in? They all differ, some require you to keep the original house to get the higher coding, some just make you satisfy a list of criteria which don't actually amount to anything different on the ground such as 'increasing amenity'

Back