% of Rent out of employment income

What % of Rent of Employment Income and How much Rent?

• 1% to 10%

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • 11% to 20%

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • 21% to 30%

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • 31%-40%

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Greater than 40%

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • $1 to $100

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • $101 to $150

• $151 to $200

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • $201 to $250

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • $251 to $300

• $301 to $350

• $350 to $400

• Greater than $400

Votes: 9 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi All

This is just a quick question for the renters out there or people who dont rent what there opinion would be.

I need some perspective on something, I was wondering what % of people's after tax income was spent on rent each week as well as how much rent they are paying each week.

I would really appreciate peoples input and feedback on this post.

Thanks all for your help

Best Wishes

Corsa

Corsa
I spend approximately 19% of my after tax income on rent each month - a little higher than I would normally pay but it's a nice place with water views and I can walk to the CBD.

It seems I fit the Gen-Xer profile rather well :)

Cheers
Ecogirl

I spend 20% of my net paye income on rent and I SHARE in Sydney- Im hardly on a bad wage...

Ahhhhhhh Sydney

Mine used to be under 20% - but has since risen a little since one of my flatmates moved out. Still very easily affordable, only bummer is not being able to put away quite as much money these days.

Wife and I pay 320 a week (16640 a year), which is about 17% of our after-tax income. We'll probably pay less when we move next.

mmm...a little high

hi everyone,

Seems as though my % of net income spent on rent may be a little high. 30% is the dreaded figure. Basic 4 bedder with attached garage ($230 per week).

Single income family. 2 mths left on lease and looking to purchase PPOR in the next month or so. This involves a move North to a new area. $320,000 in bank - proceeds from sale of previous PPOR.

Cheers

Demoman

I pay 20% of a SINK net wage as rent. Apparently, >30% income:rent puts one into "rental stress" (as per ACOSS and renter's rights orgs info).

Cat

Hulkster said:
Customer Analytics :)

That's dink income though.

DINK income. Sigh. I remember the good old days. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The most we ever paid for rent was $350/wk and that was 15%. That was our upper limit. We got a smash deal on the place. Big 3 bedder in Sydney with a corner spa, off street parking.

Jireh

Back