Offer refused?!

From my small (two prop) experience of buying in Melbourne it is very common for REA to behave like this. By law they obliged to take ALL the offers to the vendor. When you say this the real circus starts. They will do everything not to take low offers, so to save time and nerves you have 3 options:
1. Make a letter of offer leaving blank space for the address and price. And the second letter of complain to Consumer Affairs. As soon as the agent starts telling you stories you just start to write down agent's name in blank space on complain and promise to give him a copy. The effect is immediate and magical))) Yes, it is sh*tty, but it is your money and you dont have to be nice.
2. Drop a letter of offer into the office on reception. But dont forget to get it registerd at the desk and get a copy with the incoming number.
3. Dont get emotional and go away. It is not the last prop in the area after all.

Generally be prepared to long search (2-4 month).
Good luck:)

Speaking of getting your offer turned down.
There was an IP i was interested in and my husband was going to put in an offer for it. We were told sorry it is sold and above the asking price range. This property was sale by set date 23/12 so we didn't bother as we were not going to put in more than the asking price range. I'm confused as to why it is still advertised on RE.com.au with no under offer/contract on the ad. I'm guessing there is no offer and the REA did not bother to come back to us. Too bad buddy.

Back