Office building has carpark lift - deterent or not

Saw this office building that has 2 basement level carparks. However, there aren't any ramps going down both levels. Instead, its a 1 car lift. Reasoning for the design build was that to place a car ramp they would have lost 12 carspaces.

Is this feature a deterent. What are the issues involved. What are peoples thoughts. Would you buy the office or not.

Off the top of my head, issues that arise could be;
- ongoing maintenance and inspection costs associated with the car lift.
- could take a while to get out of the car park should you be trying to leave/arrive at the same time as everyone else in the building.

that's all I've got at the moment...:)

Boods

car hieght an issue? Can a 4x4 fit? is that a problem?

If it breaks, can you still get a park? or does it need to be fixed the day it breaks? (more cost)

I would also consider the safety aspect of it. What if there were a blackout - then you won't be able to get your cars out. Also, what if there was a fire in the building and the mains was cut - again, no way to get the cars out.

Plus, and as someone has already said, the lift can only service one car at a time. It could be rather awkward if the office closed and everyone left at the same time. This may mean a rather long single line wait for the lift just to get your car out. Not very efficient at all.

It doesn't sound like a very practical car park.

Back