Oh, snap! Mount Druit, Campbelltown, etc. just got robbed today!

As the Dalai Lama says "The biggest problem in humanity today is that people cannot face the truth"

Ah - but how do you define the truth?

My version of the truth will be different from yours purely because of our different life experiences and perception.

p.s. I really like the Dalai Lama, think him very wise and (shucks) have even been blessed by him :eek:

Yes I think you've covered that previously evand....you don't vote Liberal.

Duly noted.

And you do... duly noted just as many times as Evan, but somehow you inssit when you do it it's right but when evan does it's

I dunno you're the one saying it

Seriously ???

sorry to burst your bubble but the latest available NSW stats portray a different story:

◦The greatest increase of children was in the Sydney area. Inner Sydney and Central Western Sydney had the biggest increase followed by the Eastern Suburbs

•Within Sydney, births decreased in the Northern Beaches (-6.0%), Central Northern Sydney (-5.0%), and Outer South Western Sydney (-4.5%) areas

•Over the period 2007–2009 the median maternal age remained stable at 31 years.

http://picture.kids.nsw.gov.au/1/1/1/

WHilst western sydney has the greatest proportion of 0-17YOs, the majority of births are not occuring there.

I grew up in Mt Druitt by the sea (central coast).

I then moved to a nicer part of the central coast, then to the Mosman area.

It may be different in Mt Druitt, but compared to the coast, the people are friendlier, nicer, politer and I'm not constantly confronted by drugs, domestic violence, kids left to roam the streets and constant parties from people who have never worked a day in their life.

Yep, I said what cannot be said.

For something that cannot be said, I find it strange that I've heard it said a million times

My version of the truth will be different from yours purely because of our different life experiences and perception.

p.s. I really like the Dalai Lama, think him very wise and (shucks) have even been blessed by him :eek:

So what is your actual opinion on the Dalai Llama's own quote then ?

And you do... duly noted just as many times as Evan, but somehow you insist when you do it's right but when evan does it's......

I dunno you're the one saying it

Seriously ???

Jaycee, the people that think like me and share my ideals are now running WA, they now run Victoria, they now run NSW, they are most definitely going to be running Qld in 2012, and they'll probably get up to run SA.

In 2013, people who share my views of the world will cement their position in WA even more, and I hazard a guess they'll also be running the country.

People who agree with evan's views will have to be satisfied with Tasmania. They can argue and moan with the Greens down there, which is what the Labor Premier down there is having to do now, she's tearing her hair out apparently having to deal with the clowns....:D

Jaycee, the people that think like me and share my ideals are now running WA, they now run Victoria, they now run NSW, they are most definitely going to be running Qld in 2012, and they'll probably get up to run SA.

In 2013, people who share my views of the world will cement their position in WA even more, and I hazard a guess they'll also be running the country.

People who agree with evan's views will have to be satisfied with Tasmania. They can argue and moan with the Greens down there, which is what the Labor Premier down there is having to do now, she's tearing her hair out apparently having to deal with the clowns....:D

yeah eyah

you vote liberal

we know, duly noted

Why your type (as you say) are struggling with the extreme right minority. Fred Nile and the goddman shooters party for a couple.

In Buddhism the truth (or more accurately, reality) is defined as seeing something for what it is. Rather than seeing something through the preconceptions and bias of ones owns mind or emotions.

one eg: People tend to see things to fit with their own beliefs, to make them feel better about something. They often don't like the negative aspects of something (life) so therefore bend it in their mind to be more comfy for them.

Where positive and negative aspects of life are the reality and should be treated exactly the same. (witness my posts)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_in_Buddhism

In Buddhism the truth (or more accurately, reality) is defined as seeing something for what it is. Rather than seeing something through the preconceptions and bias of ones owns mind or emotions.

So, how exactly does one achieve that - considering that everything ... and I mean everything ... that you experience is influenced by your own mind and emotions.

I understand the theory but reality is different for everyone.

Asides from that - I am not getting drawn in to a debate that has no answer.

So, how exactly does one achieve that - considering that everything ... and I mean everything ... that you experience is influenced by your own mind and emotions.

I understand the theory but reality is different for everyone.

Asides from that - I am not getting drawn in to a debate that has no answer.

Obviously would have been a good question to ask the Dalai Llama who does subscribe to this view and could answer it for you. Evan just said that's what he & buddhists suggest

Constant practice. Philosophical reflection on the teachings, meditative techniques and striving to eliminate mental defilements such as greed, hatred and delusion.

What you say is true and it's difficult to practice due to past experiences which unconsciously map our outlook on life. Joharis window touches on this by explaining a concept to describe the 4 aspects of our perception. Quadrant 1 is the part of ourselves that we see and others see; quadrant 2 is the aspect that others see but we aren't aware of; quadrant 3 is the one which the unconscious or subconscious part of us is seen by neither ourselves or others and quadrant 4 is our private space which we know but keep from others.

As Terry said it takes a LOT of practice. Try and close your eyes and think of "nothing" .. it's difficult as thoughts creep into your consciousness defeating the purpose. Try and think of thought as clouds drifting through and then allow them to pass on, drift away. This is good for negative thoughts we tend to dwell on which causes anguish and feelings of negativity. Worrying won't solve anything, everything is impermanent. Another way to distinguish "truth" is to look at things from a different point of view ... imagine your eyesight which is viewing a film reel and then take a step back and go stand behind the cameraman to look at the other things going on in the peripheral. Sounds like waffle but hard to explain in a few words.

lol Your delusional, they are puppets on a string, as are the other side.
Vested interests are running the country.
And opposing vested interests are on each opposite side.
Idealism is dead, and in government form has never really lived.
"Whatever it takes", and he is also a puppet alas one closer to the puppeteers.

Back