Oil to hit $100 a barrel

I am guessing he means everything will happen eventually... if time is infinite then it must occur eventually?

Correct. In 2003 it was 55c and now it is 90c plus but in when floated it wen tover a $1.

The only thing that is constant is change, they say.

The Petrol $ lose lsoe is very scary.

If we raise rates our $ goes up and so does inflation and so does the $ and so on.

If we raise too high we price our selves out of the market and then our economy slows and inlfation slows and $ goes down but petrol and goods goes up and inflation goes up.

It is a severe balancing act.

Peter

The recent falls in the AUD against the USD seems to be from the unwinding of the carry trade. So a fall in the US sharemarket causes people to be more concerned about risk, so they sell high-yield stuff from countries like Australia and New Zealand to repay their JPY loans. Otherwise they just sell and roll their money into safer investments, and regardless of what people say about the US, a US Treasury is still perceived to be the safest investment out there. The yield on US treasuries has been falling.
Alex

Hi all,

The price of petrol here at the $1.40 per litre, is out of whack with where it should be. Even allowing for the rising $A over the last few months, the rise in crude has been much higher.

I wonder if some do not want the price of petrol to be an election issue, and it has therefore been kept artificially low.

All this means is that next week and beyond watch the price at the pump go through the roof, probably to $1.70-$1.80 within a month, just before the holiday season.

bye

Hey Sunfish.

Sorry to be right but AUS $ has dropped to 88cents

Strait lines don't exist in markets. While the trend is rising there can still reversals. If you care to search you would find I predicted that we would reach parity with the greenback, as a long term prediction, four tears ago. I see nothing to alter my thinking. All that has altered is that it has occured sooner than I thought it would.

So don't short the A$ re the US$. :D

Back