One way van rental Melbourne to Sydney

Hey guys

My best mate is moving from Melbourne to Sydney and has bugger all money to do it with.. Now she has got all her possessions down to fitting into a van or ute, but looking at one way rentals to drive the stuff up to Sydney is about the same as getting a removalist to do a backfill....

Anyone have a good contact/company car van or ute hire, down in Melb that they can recommend?

Thanks heaps

Luvvit

Hey guys

My best mate is moving from Melbourne to Sydney and has bugger all money to do it with.. Now she has got all her possessions down to fitting into a van or ute, but looking at one way rentals to drive the stuff up to Sydney is about the same as getting a removalist to do a backfill....

Anyone have a good contact/company car van or ute hire, down in Melb that they can recommend?

Thanks heaps

Luvvit

It's an alternate option, but has she tried the "Wicked" vans that backpackers use to go around Australia?

I'm pretty sure they can be dropped off wherever you finish up, without the return penalties involved. Cheap option too i would have thought.

Goodluck

Rooster

Check out - http://www.standbyrelocs.com/

They list all the vehicles from the various hire companies that need to be relocated back to a particular city...ie. because someone else has taken them one way...significantly cheaper then hiring something direct as its in the company's financial interests to get the vehicles back

Excellent suggestions all.

Joshy Boi, you rock, Im pretty sure that the reloc website will be what she needs....

Kudos to you guys.....

Yep. relocations is the way to go. Britz/maui also do it. I have done 5 relocations and always got MASSIVE vans which sleep 6 people.

Be carefull though, they can cancel their hire contract with you less than 24 hours beforehand IF a tourist wants it as a on-way hire. this happens 1 in 10 times so ensure you have a back up plan!

Back