Online Presence

Just wondering if anyone ever gets concerned with the amount of personal information divulged on these forums/Internet.
Wouldn't be hard to work out the real names behind some of the forum members.
From there its all downhill, you would be surprised how easily and fully one's identity can be obtained and used.
Thought I'd throw it out there as I've seen this happen and recovering from the credit nightmare can take years.

Concerned?Hell no...Bring it on..If they can further my debt,good stuff.

id.gif

Identity_Theft1-550x368.jpg

Some identities are not worth stealing

I heard about one young lady who had a company congratulate her on her pregnancy. Well before she was going to tell her parents. They inferred from her searches that she was quite likely to be having a baby in the near future.

Walmart (I think it was) realised that the time to sell stuff to pregnant people was before they'd announced, so they paid a statistician to go through their loyalty card details and work out what people bought prior to getting pregnant, or in their first 10 or so weeks. They came up with a list of 32 (IIRC) items, and if someone purchased say 10 of them they started modifying the advertising they received to include baby-specific stuff.

Back