onthehouse.com.au now has 'Guesstimates'

onthehouse.com.au now has 'Guesstimates' available for free online ....

Yes, and aren't they fun?!?

I told my commercial manager one of the guesstimates and we had a good laugh. Happy if it were true, but it seems that their guesstimator can't distinguish between residential and commercial if it is a mixed use street!

At the other end of the scale, residential neighbours just sold for $200,000 more than the higher guesstimate figure. They thought it was pretty funny, too, for the reverse reasons

If I changed my spreadsheets to the middle of the guesstimates range the portfolio would have increased by about 25% straight off the bat!

A bit of a giggle but I wouldn't put too much store on it!

Cheers

well my house is worth 4k more than what i bought it for but i think the site undervalued my whole street by about 20% low since a few houses have sold for more than whats listed there so im pretty happy looks like i have got about 20% Capital Growth in 1 year which is what i thought it should be worth

hmmm - some are close - some are wildly "no way" off target, to the point of being around 50% of sale value. And these aren't even my properties I'm looking at.

Hope it's not used seriously.

** just looked up our place. Apparently there are units on it. Hmmm - house has been here for over 20 years and there was another house on it before that, the units were on next door but they've been replaced by a mega-build which is not even listed on the site and it's listed at below value of the 2 bed weatherboard cottages further down. The cottages further down have a variable price range of over 25%.

Don't think I'll bother with that facility and just look at the actual previous sales.

Back