Oops insured the wrong address

feeling a bit stupid at the moment,

i am in the middle of making a claim for some damage to my house

called up teh insurance company,
they couldnt find the details, and eventually I worked it out that ive entered the wrong address when I covered for it..... my house is 12, ive accidentally insured 14

12 and 14 are both the same style house, same size block, etc. etc. ie no main difference,

are they likely to pay out???????

edit: ive just checked, I did it via online quote, when I enter a online quote, it asks for postcode, age, etc etc. but not the street or number of street, so hypotehtiecally, it should be the same insurance coverage....

am I boned?

hahaha.. sorry I shouldn't laugh :D
I was actually paying for someone else's phone bill over a year (and they were paying mine) until I noticed the wrong address!

What kind of insurance claim is it? Who are you with??

I have a better one.
I lodged an insurance claim for my property, storm damage, the insurance company repaired the neighbours house, they had nothing to repair ..... WTF

Anyway, once they realised what had happened, quite embarrassing they immediately repaired my property.

Of course you are insured, don't worry about it, its call a "typo".

My mother, many years ago, worked for the Shepparton council.

Somebody came in to arrange a final inspection of a house. It had been built on the wrong block- on the wrong side of the street.

What was the final outcome?
I'm not sure. I can no longer ask about it either. It happened in the late 40s. I guess that when systems were all manual that these things could happen more easily. The street was on the outskirts of town back then, so it would have been less obvious.

The best I could do would be to guess, but anybody could do that.

My mother, many years ago, worked for the Shepparton council.

Somebody came in to arrange a final inspection of a house. It had been built on the wrong block- on the wrong side of the street.

There was a case a few months ago on another web forum when a guy went to drive by the block of land he had bought 6 months earlier only to find a half built house on it.

I wish someone would accidently build on my vacant block, that would be nice surprise.

Seriously, I have heard of this happening before, can you imagine the nightmare, everyone ducking for cover, no one wanting egg on their face not to mention the massive $ lost.:eek:

I just called the OSR NSW to get land values for my properties.

They have incorrect unit number for one of my townhouses, and asked me to contact the land valuer general. They are looking into it.

Wonder what happened there!

I hope this is easily fixable - I am not concerned (yet).

What was the final outcome?

Actually I just asked my dad. Apparently the guy who owned the land was one of the most difficult people ever to deal with. The guy who built the house was a developer and spec builder- he built a number of houses at a time. There was some sort of financial consideration- the builder got some money in the end but probably didn't make very much money at all- if anything.

Back