Open for Inspection times

Howdy

So the current property management company we use are changing their systems.
This new system doesn't display open times on Realestate.com.au website.
But requires the application to click contact agent, whereby they are automatically sent the open times.
I'm torn two ways with this.
When searching for a property to rent I always use open times and have only once contacted agent to view.
However this system results in getting potential tenant details for missed appointments/rescheduling.
I've been advised that this is the way that the industry is heading.
I see lots of value for the Agent's doing it this way, but not so much for the owners.
Does anyone else rent with this system?
There is a note at the start of the property blurb advising this, but honestly who actually reads this when short listing properties.
Not to mention this also cuts out Realestate.com.au's new Inspections via favourites.
If I grumble enough I'm sure they would change it, however I don't want to be unreasonable without good reason :)

Cheers

I hate contacting agents for inspection times.

I think it's silly not to display the times, same as it's silly to only have one photo. I believe you're restricting the people that will view the property, because without a number of photos some tenants may not bother to view, and if you're like me you don't want to send a lot of enquiries and have to have agents contacting you for the times.

I prefer to watch for the inspection times and go along if the time suits me.

I hate contacting agents for inspection times.

I think it's silly not to display the times, same as it's silly to only have one photo. I believe you're restricting the people that will view the property, because without a number of photos some tenants may not bother to view, and if you're like me you don't want to send a lot of enquiries and have to have agents contacting you for the times.

I prefer to watch for the inspection times and go along if the time suits me.

I'm the same.

When I was last looking for a rental (2 months time and I'll be buying thank god) I ignored the contact us for an inspection ones. Previously, about half the agents I contacted just had old ads still up and were using them as a fishing expedition to get more names they could contact.

Damn, Suppose its good to hear my own thoughts echo'd in some-one else's words.
I also Laughed as originally they only Posted 1 Photo on RE and I exploded about this( had to chop another company logo out, but why only do 1, when there were 5+ available)
Only Been implemented this week, so there many be similar posts popping up from others who use this company.

If you don't like their systems - tell them. If they don't want to accommodate your wishes, find an agent who will.

(I hate contacting agents who use this strategy as I don't necessarily want to provide my details to end up on their mailing list).

You need to make it easy for people to view.

By forcing them to contact the agent first you are simply inserting another hurdle into the process. There will always be those who can't be bothered, forget, too busy, agent phones busy etc.

Insist on open times being advertised. You employ the PM so what you want should count above "procedures" which are often for agency reasons rather than in your best interests.
Marg

Marg4000 is on the money. Suggest u insist on heaps of photos showing off the best and essential features of the property in order to attract the best and most applications. They're meant to be acting in your best interests so insist on it. Good luck
cheers
crest133

I know this system well - The PM SHOULD still list the times on REA however. The booking system is great, saves so much time but no reason why they shouldn't display the times that have been "booked" via the system to the public.. Why not? They will be already there!

Issue termination if they refuse to.

I know this system well - The PM SHOULD still list the times on REA however. The booking system is great, saves so much time but no reason why they shouldn't display the times that have been "booked" via the system to the public.. Why not? They will be already there!

Issue termination if they refuse to.

Thanks All
They are a good Company, and were happy to listen to my requests.
We now have both open times and automated system.
a + for the automated system, we dropped rent and I got a notification( as I was testing the system previously) So this is a good thing.

Howdy

So the current property management company we use are changing their systems.
This new system doesn't display open times on Realestate.com.au website.
But requires the application to click contact agent, whereby they are automatically sent the open times.
I'm torn two ways with this.
When searching for a property to rent I always use open times and have only once contacted agent to view.

Cheers

I worked for a business that switched to the system you are referring to. The person doesn't have to actually contact the agent, just click on the email enquiry or a link. It takes them to a web page where they can view time, or more importantly set their own custom time, which then also becomes available for others.

It also texts them to confirm, and texts them the night before to remind them.

When our business switched, we instantly had around 40% more people turning up to each appointment, and far fewer no-shows because they can text back if they change their mind etc.

It was a huge competitive advantage, and other businesses are only just catching on. Definitely DO NOT opt out of having your property on the system.

Matt

Thanks Matt.
I've also noticed alot more companies doing this.
However they also list the open times, our company was not listing open times.
Some companies also list this info as a picture to catch peoples eye.

Back