Opinion on sunnycove

Hi,

I had a look at www.sunnycove.com.au and it mostly looks ok, with a couple of reservations.

Just wondering what others think about it and if anyone can share any personal experiences with this type of investment.

TIA

iceman,

Return is very low (6.77% BEFORE tax) & doesn't take into account some other factors like the cost of owning the property over time, the real occupancy rate, etc. It doesn't take into account capital growth either - you need to explore this as well.

They charge a high letting fee - probably have an exclusivity clause as well over this & the linen and catering charges (lock you in, empty your wallet) - check the contracts.

Watch that Manager's salary as well....full-time managers are expensive.

What are the strata fees & will they zoom up in the future (often developers keep them low at first to get people to buy in)?

Is the property only good for retirement housing - if so what happens after the baby boomers die off (longer-term)?

What's the transportation & facilities like nearby? Without good public transport, entertainment (in diversity) & health care you'll find retirees staying away in droves (but you still have to pay the wages for that full-time Manager).

Consider the control & flexibility you have with this investment (not much). Then look at the return you would get from a 2 bedder unit nearby (probably better)

Why not do some research on the last facility they put up (Sunnybank Hills) - what's the occupancy & cost of owning a unit there?

in my view - would not touch with a barge pole...may be right for a different type of investor who sees this investment as low riskdue to the market targeted (trust me, it isn't really that low risk compared to the alternatives).

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back