Order of Lenders

Good points Greg.

Would also ask about their business experience and how they got to where they are as an MB as you no doubt would understand the effort and acumen it takes to make the whole enterprise actually work!

There are very few brokers that will go to the depth of strategic thinking towards building a larger portfolio. In most cases you're doing well to find a broker that will give reasonable consideration to good structuring of loans.

* Most simply never learn any of it.
* Those who do have some idea tend to look at the deal in front of them, not the deal 3 properties down the track.
* Many strategies aren't even available to bankers because they can only work within a single set of policies.

Somersoft is fairly unique in that the brokers who succeed here pretty much have to learn about it to be relevant and competitive. Take a look at some of the first posts from any of the resident brokers (myself included) and what they're posting a few years later. The learning curve they go through is massive.

10 years ago the brokers here were talking about "professional packages" and how they can be applied to a property portfolio. Fair to say we've all come a long way...

There are very few brokers that will go to the depth of strategic thinking towards building a larger portfolio.

Somersoft is fairly unique in that the brokers who succeed here pretty much have to learn about it to be relevant and competitive. Take a look at some of the first posts from any of the resident brokers (myself included) and what they're posting a few years later. The learning curve they go through is massive.

Well said Peter.

Somersoft is an amazing Mastermind and I point my clients here who are interested in property investment as a wealth creation vehicle. Thats if they have not already found Somersoft and usually easy to tell as they will speak the lingo and have an undserstanding of what is required to succeed.

I would count Peter as one of several of my mentors here on Somersoft and he wouldnt (up until possibly now :)) even be aware of it?

BTW Somersoft contains many many mentors in a variety of different fields of expertise that have spent years honing their craft. Just need the eyes to see (and read) and ears to hear in order to tap into the Mega Mastermind thats present on here.

Last edited:
Back