Ordinary Millionaires

This book by Jim McKnight is a real "must read" for everyone reading this very posting. The stories are so diverse and inspirational. Capter Six, "The Scrounger", is a real ripper that I can somewhat relate to.
The chapter on "George the retired Greek" is also a ripper.
Jan even gets her own chapter!!
Buy it and read it!! You won't be disappointed!! (Trust Me)

Disclaimer. I have no financial interest what so ever in this book, or its future sales.

Hello Brenda,
I got my copy from Angus and Robinson here in Victoria, but I'm sure any good book store will either stock this title, or can order it for you. Just quote ISBN 187631222X. RRP is $24.95

I got my copy from Abbeys bookshop near QVB (Sydney)
I really liked it, well worth buying.
I am curious if there are stories, besides Jan and Ian Somers that are from users of this forum.

Regards Simon H
:)

there were half a dozen copies in Collins Booksellers at Chirnside park in Melbourne this morning.
Now there are 5...

Got a copy of Ordinary Millionairs yesterday -

The story about "The Scrounger" really is a ripper.

Very "Forrest Gump" Australian Style!!

Halfway through and thoroughly enjoying this book.
It just reinforces my long held belief that there are a multitude of ways to get rich from property, you just have to find the one that suits you and go ou and make it happen!

I'm just getting into it now too, and enjoying it.

An interesting comment at the end of Chapter 4 ("The Cashflow Approach"):

"The Tax Office has signalled that it will move to limit the number of years a property may be negatively geared"

Bought my copy today and CAN"T WAIT to start reading it. Although anyone who has investment property is in the 1% of the population so it makes us a wee tad unique to start with, ha ha.
JIM

Originally posted by geoffw

"The Tax Office has signalled that it will move to limit the number of years a property may be negatively geared"

I picked up on this and it made my heart skip a few beats:p - I decided not to worry about it just yet. Scarey though!!!

Cheers

Howdy All,

I purchased a copy on Saturday after reading about it here. I finished reading it last night. Some interesting stories that give me some hope. I thought Bruce's story was particularly inspiring.

I enjoyed reading Peter's story and in particular his respect for other people.

I also thought Jessie's story was thought provoking. I enjoyed reading it seeing as I come from Adelaide but also because he purchased so much cash flow positive property, paid a heap of tax and today sits very well off. It was interesting to read of someone with this approach who had done very well. I thought of some of the debates that have raged on these pages.

I take my hat off to all the people the book examined.

Richard.

I also like Jesse's story. But the story which had me in stiches most of the time was Martin's[The scrounger]. As the above posts indicates it is unique, to say the least.

The authour has captured the personality of the scrounger very well. [and indeed of all the ordinary millionaires. They speak to you on their own]

The best part I like is his [scrounger's] support team.:D

"The sheila" [wife], The Bloke[father-in-law], The halfwit [employee], Fred-the-crook [accountant], the mate, the pub, the council bloke etc. I had tears streaming down my face by the time I finished it.

This book is in the same category as Jan's "story by story"; inspiring and uplifting. It also strenthens my belief that there is no single way to achieve wealth exept the way you feel is right for you.

Hope Jim Mcknight will write many more books.

The story which I didn't like was the Agent's story. As much as he tries to present himself as being still ethical- I certainly don't regard him as an ethical person. The sort of reasons he was using to try to justify himself as ethical seemed to me to be proof that he felt that he wasn't.

And Jan's "Story by Story" book I had given to my 13yo daughter. She's enjoyed what she's read. She is starting to see a little of my vision as to what is possible.

But, sorry to be such a prude- the use of the "F" word in the owner builder story, and its context, I felt not at all necessary to the story, and just enough not to give it to her just yet.

It's not often that a property book is a "can't put it down" one for me, but this one is.

I've been reading it as much in my spare moments, and I'm really enjoying it.

I wouldn't have bought it except so many people on the fourm raved about it.

Good one guys!
Jas

Just bought it yesterday and have a 25 hour flight ahead on Saturday so I am really looking forward to the read.

Dear guys,

The scrounger is certainly a classic although I am sure many of us would not have taken the path of "Jack and Jill".

Certainly written in the same vein as Jan's "Story by Story".

The question is how to motivate Jan to write "Story by Story -Revisited" (Second Edition)?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Back