OUTCOME OF SIG USERS SURVEY held Nov 04

Dear All

I have finally spent the time to collate the survey forms I asked SIG attendees at Peter Spann to complete in November.

The answers to the questions will be used by SIG organizers to plan future events.

SURVEY

Attendees that night 74 (note: no shows around 10)
Survey Forms returned 34 or 46%
Assuming 80% couples so 27 forms in actually 54 we have 60 out of 74 which is 78%

COMMENT
Allowing for couples doing one form this may explain the number so I will take as being a response of 80% or better. We had a few on interstate and Canberrians that night.

QUESTIONS

Q1. Would you be willing to attend SIG regularly (once every two months)

32 yes 2 no or 92%.

COMMENT
This % and the recent response to Steve Navra confirm that interest is high and SIG should continue. That’s for your interest.

Q2. Should we move the meeting from the present central location in Glebe
Yes 11 33% No 21 60%

If yes where

North Shore 5
Sutherland 1
Paramatta 5
Eastern Suburbs 1

COMMENT
Two thirds is happy. If half wanted a change we would. No clear winner between north and west for new location. 1 vote for Melbourne.

SUMMARY
Stay where we are for the time being with occasional meeting elsewhere? Would a location say Rosezelle or Balmain be better?

Q3. Would location next to train be better than driving? 2 votes so not a factor to consider.

Q4. What topics interest you rate from 1 highest to 10 lowest.

OK here it gets a little messy.

One person I feel sure thought 10 was best and everything was either a 7, 8 9 or 10 as I find it hard to believe someone would take the time to vote that they essentially didn’t really care at all? :confused:

Others wanted it all and voted 1, 2, 4, 1, 1, 5, 6, 1 etc... Unable to or missing the point to out as 1 to 10. ;)

And only on person voted 1 for one thing and left all the others blank. Least that person knew what they wanted! :D

So with the SNR chucked in and blanks as 10 we get highest interest to lowest. They roughly fall into three groups. (Note lower score is better)

1. Where to buy - 133
2. Property Investment – General – 140

3. Adding Value – 159
4. Innovative Techniques - 163
5. Personal Stories – 165
6. Acct & Tax – 167
7. Prop Finance - 172

8. Market Economics – 185
9. Property Management – 191
10. Investor Psychology -201

If you take out the SNRs you get, surprisingly, almost the same result with s slightly different weighting. The only change being 3 and 4 changing places.

1. Where to buy – 95
2. Property Investment – General – 104

3. Innovative Techniques – 109
4. Adding Value – 117
5. Personal Stories – 121
6. Acct & Tax – 133
7. Prop Finance - 140

8. Market Economics – 153
9. Property Management – 153
10. Investor Psychology -157

COMMENT

Well the figures speak for themselves as to where the interest is.

1. Where to buy
2. Property Investment – General
3. Adding Value
4. Innovative Techniques

It could be argued 5. Personal Stories is “an effect not cause” of interest in that someone with a great personal story but no IP knowledge to pass on with the story would be not much interest overall.

Interestingly, the last two speakers, Peter Spann and Steve Navra IMO focused on the two top topics.

Peter on Property Investment – General
Steve on Where to Buy via his Rental reality theory of buying.

OVERALL SUMMARY

So as SIG Coordinator I will take the above and focus on what the people have voted to ensure SIG is interesting and beneficial to those who attend.

I invite anyone with contacts or themselves who think they could talk, even for a 30minutes on a topic listed her to contact me via PM to discuss. Don’t be shy. Topics I am interested in are:

Suburb to watch in Sydney or elsewhere, predications and why
Innovative Finance
Wraps
Buying Overseas
Buy and Reno and flick.
Renovators
Simple how to invest, NG and such for a newbie night.
How interest rates are affected by the economy 101. Wages, employment, spending, dollar, etc.

As for location we are A OK but I await feedback for a little further west say a club with carparking next to train station that may suit more than just us inner city types.

Thanks to all for the feedback,

Peter 147

Interesting survey results there, Peter. Thanks for all your hard work :)

In regards to finding a locale near a railway station how about Strathfield? I know it's not too far from Glebe and yet would satisfy those of us who live out NorWest and West way a little better. Being a main station, it's also more likely to suit timetables etc at that time of night on a weekday.
Does anyone know of a suitable pub/hotel venue nearby where we might have some luck in securing a room?

Strathfield ? Sheesh - just keeps getting worse and worse ? Why don't we just hold it in Melbourne like someone suggested - would probably be easier for me to get to it there ! :p

Sim said:
Strathfield ? Sheesh - just keeps getting worse and worse ? Why don't we just hold it in Melbourne like someone suggested - would probably be easier for me to get to it there ! :p

I'm with Sim.

Strathfield is like nowhere!!

MLB sounds great :D

Jamie said:
You could always just move to Sydney Jax :D

Hilarious :)
Just trying to get all you inner city types to travel anywhere is difficult!
I don't mind the 45 min trip to Glebe (nice hotel nice food) but Peter did ask for suggestions near railway stations......
Just trying to be helpful :)

I think Strathfield is not too bad. Again a club is cheap food and parking should be ok on a Tuesday.

Open to ideas, Peter 147

Or even Canberra...

People nfrom Wagga and Canberra go up to Sydney, but Sydney people whinge about Strathfield...

Strathfield sounds good to me, since it's only 5 or 10 minutes drive away :).

However, I can't think of any clubs near there - except some Latvian club, and I think there is (or was) a Russian club there too. There is a pub just across the road from the station, but I have no idea what it's like.

Burwood is not such a good station, but there are a couple of pubs near the station there, and the Coronation Club down the road a piece. And there are a couple of big car parks there too - one at the Burwood Plaza, right by the station, and the Elsie St one near Westfield - although that's pay and display these days (not sure what hours).

Not being a pub & club sort of person though, I have no idea what any of those places are like either.

GP

I think Strathfield sounds fair too - it is pretty central to most people. But only if its as good as Glebe - although that place is a fair commute from the Hills - it is an excellent place for these meetings.
I also think Parramatta would be a good place - but we would probably struggle to get something similar to the Glebe setup.

Maybe we should have it in Holiday destination to claim the tax on travel and such.

Good point re the pub. I am amazed they do so much for a few meals at $6 plus drinks profit.

I am willing to consider a meeting in Parramatta one month and Glebe the next if that helps.

Peter 147

Peter 147 said:
Maybe we should have it in Holiday destination to claim the tax on travel and such.

Good point re the pub. I am amazed they do so much for a few meals at $6 plus drinks profit.

I am willing to consider a meeting in Parramatta one month and Glebe the next if that helps.

Peter 147

Now there's a sensible suggestion :)
So, anyone know anywhere around Parra with a room and good food?
I might start doing some digging myself......

Peter 147 said:

Peter 147

I was going to have my wedding reception there a year ago, but the carpet/room looked ugly. I wonder if it has improved.

If moving it to Balmain consider that parking is even worse than at Glebe (took over 20 mins for me to find a spot in Glebe)

Balmain has meters everywhere ($2.20 per hour). Unless you are talking about the Balmain Leagues which has its own parking but lots of cigarette smoke smell and not as nice character as the existing Glebe venue.

I like the Glebe place although I have only been the once.

Not keen on Strathfield.

Jacque said:
Now there's a sensible suggestion :)
So, anyone know anywhere around Parra with a room and good food?
I might start doing some digging myself......
Good food is important...........but don't forget the most important thing is a FREE room!! :) They aren't quite as easy to come by unfortunately.

Ruby :)

Back