Overseas income and loans

Hello all...

A question that I have failed to find the answer to in any of the previous threads.

I currently live and work in Europe. I have Australian permanent residency and I own an Australian IP.

IP: loan $290000 value $350000 (bank valued it in March)
Initial loan was at 95% with LMI on top of that.

So I thought, well time to start looking for IP #2. Contacted my mortgage broker in Australia, just to be told that because I have an overseas income banks will only lend me 80%. (according to him due to LMI not being available to overseas investors)

Question #1 Any chance that I will find a lender that will lend me more than 80% for IP2?

Question #2 Do you think that the bank at least will let me "top up" (separate loan of course) the existing loan to 90% given it was initially taken out with LMI?

Any thoughts or ideas?

Cheers,
Goldfish

Hi Goldfish

Welcome

Depends...............

If you can verify your income ( the lender standards) and u earn money in a stable currency, there are some 90 % loan options.

Many of the lenders where we coul get 90 % previously have contracted their policy to 80 or even 70 %.

There are still lenders that will do 90 %

ta
rolf

Thanks for your answer Rolf.

If I can find a lender that will do 90% that definitely gives me some options for IP2 sooner.

Will it make a difference to the lender whether I am based in Australia or not? Or is it solely the fact that my income is from overseas?

Cheers,

G.

Hi

If you are located in Aus, then you would not be non resident for tax purposes and would have aus tax rtns for that income, OR some other offshore rtn ,

Would likely still be an issue, but does depend on the style of income.

ta
rolf

Hmm, thanks again... lots of things to consider. I am not thinking of coming back to Australia for good but maybe my current job will bring me back to Australia for perhaps 6 months, which I then figured would be a good time to look for IP2.

I will probably have to wait for the value of IP1 to increase a bit more, before it is realistic to consider IP2.

Cheers.

Back