ownership

Hi all,
Could someone please advise me how to find the name of the people that own a house i am interested in.It is currently vacant , the neighbours don"t know and it is in Sydney NSW.
Thankyou, steve.

Have been in similar situation before.

Ring local council and tell them you own the adjoining property or an aging relative dose and you're calling on their behalf.
Say that fence needs replacing and you want to make contact with the owner, don't say that you're interested in buying the property, in my experience they won't tell you if tell them that.

PY.

Steve

You should be able to do a title search based on the address.

Alternatively, enquire at the local post office, as there may be a redirection order for mail delivery. In which case, write a letter to the address and it should be forwarded to the owners.

Cheers

Kristine

Originally posted by steve
how to find the name of the people that own a house i am interested in
You could conduct a Title search.

The Title shows the the name and address of the owner, and will also show any mortgages (encumberances), caveats, etc on the property.

There are various online databases available that let you do a Title Search on a user pays basis.

One service I have successfully used a number of times is provided by the company Citec. You can do a Title Search for property in several states.

www.confirm.citec.com.au

Initially I compared it's prices with 3 or 4 other sites and found it to be around the best price (I think someone else's was similar but it was over a year ago and now I don't remember :)

To do a title search in the Victorian LANDATA database costs approx $22.

Alternatively, some real estate agents have subscriptions to these kinds of databases... if you are on friendly terms with any local agents perhaps you could ask them to do the title search for you.

I remember when I was emailing a few agents enquiring about their property management costs, I did not give out the address of the property, only the suburb. One agent replied, yes Mr Merlin we would be happy to manage your property at [exact street address] :)

I tried to attach some example searches but .htm docs can't be attached.

So I uploaded them to another server where you can view them

Example Title Search 1

Example Title Search 2

These pages were obtained from the Citec LANDATA database, and were simply saved by doing a File->Save from Internet Explorer

Names and numbers changed to protect the innocent ;)

Back