Oz minerals

Can someone please explain how ozminerals which has received an offer of 82cents to buy the whole company yet be trading at 50cents?

Because the offer might not happen. It might be prevented by Aus legislation. The 'due diligence' might show more bad news than what is already known.

Because they still need to rollover a portion of their debt by tomorrow, which if they don't will mean they'll be put into administration regardless of the takeover offer.

Great example of taking profits when they come available.

From memory, they jumped up to about 70 cents the day that they came out of the trading halt; something like a 27% return. After no movement since, what, November (?), that was enough for me. Took the money and ran.

From here, hard to know which way they'll go. If the debt is rolled over and the offer approved and settled, then it'd look to be happy days and buying today would mean your profit will be bigger than mine was.

Big if, though.

They've gone up 10% since you posted this , someone must be confident;)

Or they are people not aware what will happen if bid falls through.

Price gone up today due to first production announcement at Prominant Hill Cu-Au mine. Would have been a great announcement under normal conditions...and seen much higher than 10% gains.

Back