Painting inside of your home - worth doing Urself or best to employ a professional?

I will continue to diy painting as i cant justify the price painters charge. Just take a bit of time cutting in.

Totally agree freerange.

But I'm sure some people will chicken out at the idea. Well I suppose each to their own as some also don't like putting all their eggs in one basket, bit like having your neck on the chopping block and then run around the yard headless.

Totally agree freerange.

But I'm sure some people will chicken out at the idea. Well I suppose each to their own as some also don't like putting all their eggs in one basket, bit like having your neck on the chopping block and then run around the yard headless.
I've completely painted 4 houses now. I would do it again. I don't *like* painting, but I am good at it. When I have finished, you can't see plaster through the gaps in the paint... unlike the last "professional" paint job I saw :p

When I am in a position to pay, I would pay for a painter if I could find a competent one. I might be over it after my next job though. 4x2 townhouse :(

Yeah good stuff PerthGuy. You would have saved heaps by DIY. You will always find shoddy work in any trade unfortunately. And their reputation will suffer as a consequence.

I detest painting.

Guess what I will be doing this weekend ? Guess what I was doing a few months ago ?

Get some quotes, and you may also be learning to do it too.

Every time I move, someone I live with insists on new paint, the good thing is, at home there is no deadline :)

PS I have seen many people employ "painters", and two places that stick in my mind were 50's era red brick places with white windows, needless to say that paint is very hard to get off red brick (read, you wont be getting it off) and that is what you get with "cheap" painters. They slopped white paint all over everything, and about half inch past the widow frames on all brickwork.

Back