Parking at Station(s)

Hi :

I am currently looking to buy my PPOR in North East of Melbourne e.g. Watsonia, Greensborough, Montmorency and Eltham.

Just wondering which station has got a better access to parking etc? My plan is to drive to the station and then catch the train. Currently I live in outer east part of Melbourne and I can get a parking spot till 8:15AM :).

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers!

My experience from years ago was that Greensborough filled up very quickly and early. Watsonia a bit later (larger carpark).

Watsonia has had a record of thefts from the Station car park. It may be wise to check current situation. I usually park at Rosanna, or if early at Heidelberg as that is zone 1.

Chris

I catch an early train from Montmorency and am guaranteed a spot right at the entrance.
It's still possible to get an all day car park on the road (near the cnr of Binns St & Mount View Road) until around 8am.
Getting out of the carpark on the way home is easy asthere is no congestion.
The only downside is that some outbound trains terminate at Greensborough, so you might need to jump off and wait ten minutes or so for the next train to get to Monty station

At Greensborough station by around 8.00am the carpark will be full so your best bet would be parking on Poulter Ave, alongside or past the park.
Depending on which way you are heading on the way home, getting out of Poulter Avenue and heading north can be a real hassle and could add 5 to 10 minutes to your trip.

Best of luck!

Thanks guys.

Today I went again to have a look around and I fell in love with Montmorency and Eltham.

Let me see where I end up buying! Price is looking to go up again!

Back