PAYG withholding variation for dummies 2014

Can you claim trips to your mortgage broker?

Um, maybe not, if it is prior to purchasing. Sorry, I only ever visited mine once, that's why I mentioned it. But if you are refinancing after having purchased, I don't see why not.

As I said in the other ITWV thread, there are many things we can do via email which reduces our costs substantially.

Hi Ploengy

Driving the car to the bank and post office will be car expenses, cents per klm. Are these tasks related to one of your jobs? I do these things for our IPs on my way home from my day job so they don't count as tax deductable for me. Actually I use internet banking and correspond via emails so almost never need to go to the bank or post office.

We claim trips to the accountant, visits to the properties and visits to meet with the property manager or mortgage broker.

Hey, yeah the trips are related to the job - i do the banking for my job but use my car and also if the work car is not available during the day i will use my car to go to the mail and back.

Ok cheers for all your help :) i reckon i can do this :D

thanks all for the help and tips. Done the e-variation...usefu exercise..... and as a buffer decided to leave away 1000 in deductions....just in case if interest rates drop further.....

Tax Variation Inefficiencies

So, if you have a MAC, you cant do the e-variation. No problems, just download the form, print it out, complete it and send it back.

Ah, no. Its not available online, but they can send it to you or you can visit their stores and get it. :mad:

Back