Perth Investors/developers

Hi All

Just noticed this one, this size block rarely ever comes on the market, be interested to see what it sells for?? Also, I expect you can not demolish existing house.

Curious, what could you do with this zoning/property??

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-mount+lawley-119143235

What do you think it will go for, any idea?? they sell duplex blocks, 698 sqm, good location, depending on condition of house for around $1.2M?? guestimate, from last time I looked about 12 months ago

MTR

Last edited:
What do you think it will go for, any idea?? they sell duplex blocks, 698 sqm, good location, depending on condition of house for around $1.2M?? guestimate, from last time I looked about 12 months ago

MTR

No Idea...$1.5M "Guesstimate" :D

We have a contract at the moment in Mt Lawley just around the corner.

The owner was allowed to demolish, but there are quite strict restrictions on the new build.

Dado height face brickwork, exposed eaves and zincalume roof with gable ends and finials and such. 38c ceilings and things of that nature.

Amazingly beautiful house so far and ties into the area well (as per their restrictions).

No problem developing the site I would imagine, but there would be a lot of $$$ to spend on the front elevation to ensure it meets with their expectations and matches the surround area. I know these rules change at a certain point though and become even tougher.

I've been watching that one.

Both options presented in the ad are good - profitable is the next question :)

I wonder how more more than $1.45 they are seeking.

I've been watching that one.

Both options presented in the ad are good - profitable is the next question :)

I wonder how more more than $1.45 they are seeking.

agreed but arent stirling trying to get rid of multis under r60? you wouldnt want to do your numbers based on multis and end up with grouped, although in mt lawley that could be the more profitable option anyway i guess

i havent really been looking these last few months, still waiting for prices to come down but will start again soon i think

agreed but arent stirling trying to get rid of multis under r60? you wouldnt want to do your numbers based on multis and end up with grouped, although in mt lawley that could be the more profitable option anyway i guess

i havent really been looking these last few months, still waiting for prices to come down but will start again soon i think

It's always nice to have more than one option for a fall back plan.

They seem to have left a grey area with R50 still as it's not really mentioned in their tantrum. But the motion is floundering and 'not seriously entertained yet' so still accepting DAs.

With a laneway like that and good block dimensions grouped works well from a design point of view.

No Idea...$1.5M "Guesstimate" :D

I am losing my mind, prior to this one was looking at one in Inglewood, cheaper property.

Mt Lawley 880sqm duplex would sell anywhere from 1.2-1.4M+, depending on location and condition.

Very unusual to get this size lot, may go way over $1.5M

We have a contract at the moment in Mt Lawley just around the corner.

The owner was allowed to demolish, but there are quite strict restrictions on the new build.

Dado height face brickwork, exposed eaves and zincalume roof with gable ends and finials and such. 38c ceilings and things of that nature.

Amazingly beautiful house so far and ties into the area well (as per their restrictions).

No problem developing the site I would imagine, but there would be a lot of $$$ to spend on the front elevation to ensure it meets with their expectations and matches the surround area. I know these rules change at a certain point though and become even tougher.

So under City of Stirling? I am surprised. The owner of this property has been trying to demolish for years now, Council has rejected this, it deteriorated considerably more from link I have attached, 35 Hill view Road, Mt Lawley. Been empty for a few years now.

http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd3_new/gsv/index.php?ll=-31.92812,115.87061

Buy block, leave house empty to be dilapidated so you can knock it down and problem solved. Not condoning the practice but have seen it done in that area before !

Buy block, leave house empty to be dilapidated so you can knock it down and problem solved. Not condoning the practice but have seen it done in that area before !

Very hard to get away with that. Sometimes the Council will try and enforce you to then spend money on it to bring it back to original. So would have been cheaper to upkeep then let it go to disrepair.

Demolition by neglect in a heritage area?

Not likely - more like council slapping you with an HIA order if tenanted - seen it happen before....triggers repairs and then heritage assessment and further enhancements.

Very hard to get away with that. Sometimes the Council will try and enforce you to then spend money on it to bring it back to original. So would have been cheaper to upkeep then let it go to disrepair.

17 First Ave did it, the house then was half decent I thought, certainly salvageable, but every weekend mysteriously got worse & worse.

Someone even kept knocking the council sign down that asked for any objections to the house being demolished !

The new house (HUGE) and city views on that block made it worth the risk, much like this one with that house gone its game on in a big way.

Sounds like it wasn't tenanted.

I dunno - I think in heritage area, there's a market for renovated heritage homes that certainly pays dividends above and beyond keeping the home.

So under City of Stirling? I am surprised. The owner of this property has been trying to demolish for years now, Council has rejected this, it deteriorated considerably more from link I have attached, 35 Hill view Road, Mt Lawley. Been empty for a few years now.

http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd3_new/gsv/index.php?ll=-31.92812,115.87061

Yep COS.

At a guess I would say in order to demolish you may need approval for the new structure governed by building guidelines (which would only be worthwhile as a long term owner rather than buy and take a risk).

The owner of the property had it rented for some 30 years, no maintenance during this time and tenants paying $20 each as it is such a dump, at the end the tenants moved out a couple of years ago now as they had no power, my g/friend lives next door.

The owner basically wants to knock it down and build his primary residence. He did not really give a damn about the house, I would have thought it may have some structure damage, as gutters are rusted???

Not sure what will happen next? and find it weird that some houses are demolished without an issue and not so with others, like this

IMO its one of the best Streets in Mt Lawley and I think the owner would have been wiser to maintain the property and the character, better resale

MTR

Back