Perth Investors Group

Hi all WA investors! There is a small group of property investors that meets on a monthly basis that would absolutely love to meet more like minded folk. If anyone is interested in meeting other investors at various stages of investing please state you would like to be added onto the email list for future meetings. Meeting are held at 6.30pm on last Wedneday of each month at Onedex Training Centre, 44 Goodwood Parade, Burswood. There is a presenter each month for an hour eg, Hegney Property Valuations, Real Estate Agents, Property Managers, Accountants, etc. Then a presentation from a member regarding their latest deal, reno, subdivion, development, etc. Then a casual chat. The cost is $10 to cover room hire and equipment. It's casual, lots of fun, no-one is trying to sell you anything, and your mixing with others who share the same interests. So come on, I know there are lots of Perth investors out there so please drop me a line and attend the next meeting!! If you don't enjoy it, don't come back but you may be pleasantly surprised. :) The next meeting will be held on the 27th February. I hope to see you all there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Invstr

1-I am not from perth

2- So I really cant make it

3- Hope you guys from perth have fun

4- It sounds like a good event

5- I am from victoria

6- But its not important where I am from, since I am not from perth anyway

7- All the best

8- Bye

:D

Hi all, thanks for replies so far. You've been updated on the email list and will receive further details about the Feb meeting from Kelly or Jenny. We're looking forward to meeting you!

If anyone is interested in being a speaker let us know also.

We are looking for:

Real life success stories: Profiles of real investors, how they got started, where they are now and what they plan for the future. Learning curves they encountered along the way. Developments, renovations, etc.

Professionals in Real Estate:
Solicitors, accountants, finance people, coaches etc who have a new idea or new and innovative way of doing things. People who can offer general advice on their area of expertise are welcome.

(I hope Xenia doen't mind that I used an extract from her post!!!)

Regards, Linda

Dear Invstr

1-I am not from perth

2- So I really cant make it

3- Hope you guys from perth have fun

4- It sounds like a good event

5- I am from victoria

6- But its not important where I am from, since I am not from perth anyway

7- All the best

8- Bye

:D

Sarcasm identified.

The next meeting will be held on the 27th February. I hope to see you all there.

sounds like an awesome idea - thanks for taking the initiative. :)

unfortunately, the 27th of Feb is my little girls 3rd birthday, so i won't be attending.

however, if there is a mailing list, my email is info at bluecardindustries dot com and i would love to be kept up to date.

i may be able to secure you a venue that doesn't cost anything, will work on it between now and the March meeting.

Wow! Thanks for the kind offer of trying to secure a fee-free venue Blue Card!. I look forward to hearing from you in the future and catching up in March. Regards, Linda

sounds like an awesome idea - thanks for taking the initiative.
Just letting you know Kelly and Jenny began the group about a year ago. I've been attending for about 7 months and I've been learning heaps and the groups are good fun. Kelly said she would like to get more attendees so I suggested putting a note on this site. Kelly and Jenny do most of the organising, I'm just helping out!

Hi all, I hope you received your invite to lasts months meetings as some emails given bounced back. Just a quick outline of what we discussed in Feb meeting:
*Due to unfortunite family circumstances settlement agent could not address meeting as planned.
*Karen Falconer of Furniture hire & sales Australia filled in. She displayed how much a properties character can be enhanced by the correct furniture and how it may achieve a higher sale price. You can hire furniture for a minimum of $2,500 to $4,000 per month for display purposes. In most cases the property sells within four weeks. The properties she displayed looked fantastic, and Karen said often after they were furnished they achieved an extra $50,000 on the valuation.
*Jenny, who has been attending the group for almost a year reported some statistics of a recent seminar that she attended.
The first was:
Australian Property Institute
* The Perth Market had reached an Ave of 65 days sell time
-5 k's from city was experiencing 7% growth
-fringes experiencing 1-2% growth
Satterly
Land down 10%, further drops
Bottom Cycle expected to reach mid 2008, supply balance restore 2009
Mandurah, Success, Byford, Tapping - an oversupply.
Reg Howardsmith
*WA resource boom solid for supply to India
*Large proportion of fly in/out workers from Broome/Geraldton/Busselton/Bris
Frank Allen - Westpac
Take a look at their complete report if possible, quite interesting
-WA lags Eastern States by 3 years in other historical booms
-Predicts WA will reach past peak in late 08/09

We hope to see you all at the next meeting, last Weds in March.

Regards, Linda

Thanks for that Invstor. I am regional WA, so can't make these sort of meeting on a regular basis.

Did Satterly give any projections as to what sort of growth they expect after the supply balance is restored towards the end of the year?

Cheers

Tulip

Hi Tulip,

Nigel Satterly indicated he felt that the land values on the fringes of Perth were likely to fall by another 5%. He didn't give any real indication of projected growth. Rob Druitt from REIWA gave his opinion that there would be limited growth in those areas, but better quality houses in good areas closer to Perth would do better. He forecast a greater divergence in growth between the inner areas 5-20 kms and those further out.

Nigel Satterly also sounded a note of caution for anyone with managed property funds as he expressed concern that the US sub-prime market would continue to have an impact in Australia and MPF's could be on shaky ground.

I read with interest Hegney's comments (IMO one of the most respectable industry 'experts') in todays Sunday Times where he says it is likely that Perth will experience a price break out as it enters the recovery phase in early 2009 in the order of more than 15%. He says the current situation is simply not sustainable.

I read with interest Hegney's comments (IMO one of the most respectable industry 'experts') in todays Sunday Times where he says it is likely that Perth will experience a price break out as it enters the recovery phase in early 2009 in the order of more than 15%. He says the current situation is simply not sustainable.

I see Hegney have thier new Report out now as well

Hegney

I highly regard Hegney's views and information they provide also. I think it would be a good time to invite them back to speak at our property meetings. Last time they spoke they offered our group a discount on their Property Outlook Report. I didn't purchase one as I wasn't ready to buy. What do you think of their previous Property Outlook Reports?

Thanks for that update Jebro.

I was not expecting the Sunday Times reviews to be as positive as it was overall for the Perth market, both in suburb price increases across most of perth for the last 12 months, and predictions of a rebound for 2009.

I did read on I think shm website last week that in a survey of 1000 WA property investors, 80% have continued to invest in WA. The article was saying that they were expecting most to have gone over east as this is commonly reported.

Back