Perth meetings in May?

Just wanted to know whether there are any PIG meetings in May. I'll be in Perth for a few days in May (9 - 13), and was hoping to meet up with some of the Perth members!

Also, has anyone stayed at the Alderney On Hay apartments on Hay Street in East Perth?
Alex

Hmm. I usually trust Trip Advisor.

Can anyone else suggest a good apartment hotel in Perth around the $150pn mark? Preferrably someplace with undercover parking? I prefer apartment hotels because it usually means more space.
Alex

Hmm. I usually trust Trip Advisor.

Can anyone else suggest a good apartment hotel in Perth around the $150pn mark? Preferrably someplace with undercover parking? I prefer apartment hotels because it usually means more space.
Alex

That's the funniest thing - I was going thru Tripadvisor for Perth the other day, and the only conclusion I could reach was that there was nowhere good to stay!! :eek:

Cheers,

The Y-man

p.s. read my review on the Grand Chancellor where I eneded up previously a few years back!! :D http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...Chancellor_Perth-Perth_Western_Australia.html

Last edited:
Apartment accomm in East Perth

Alexlee,

If it's East Perth in particular that you are after, then there are another two possibilities that I know of:

Saville Suites - the company I work for use these a lot for our international recruits when they first move here, most have good things to say. They are around the $160 mark, but I think they also charge about $10 for underground parking though not 100% sure about that.

Regal Apartments - you can sometimes get deals at this hotel for around $140, and I believe their parking is also underground and free. 4 star also I think.

Regards
Ricepud

If you don't have a preference to stay in the CBD, how about somewhere along the Canning Hwy strip or around South Perth ?
Less traffic problems from my experience.
I usually try at 'quickbeds. com' or 'wotif.com' for discounts on the regular room rates.

kp

Just wanted to know whether there are any PIG meetings in May. I'll be in Perth for a few days in May (9 - 13), and was hoping to meet up with some of the Perth members!

Also, has anyone stayed at the Alderney On Hay apartments on Hay Street in East Perth?
Alex

Tough question as everyones tastes are different.

I am a Perth boy, but the CBD is boring and East Perth has not yet come of age .......

If I was inly in town for 1-3 days then it doesn’t really matter!

Personally, unless you are attending a conference or business meetings, then I would skip the central CBD and try and stay close to Subiaco, or reluctantly Northbridge.

I would totally skip East Perth unless you are visiting your oldies ……

Back