Perth property listings - under 12,000.

Re Alkimos Beach, I managed to get the block I wanted. I was number 8 in the ballot. Lot is 240 square metres. Cost $137,750.00. Very happy :):). Can build on 75% of block, so 180 square metre house which is a good size for the market looking to rent/buy such properties. House will be about 135sq plus double garage and afresco. Included in the land is a 1kw solar package plus solar hot water system as well as other green related rebates.

Re Alkimos Beach, I managed to get the block I wanted. I was number 8 in the ballot. Lot is 240 square metres. Cost $137,750.00. Very happy :):). Can build on 75% of block, so 180 square metre house which is a good size for the market looking to rent/buy such properties. House will be about 135sq plus double garage and afresco. Included in the land is a 1kw solar package plus solar hot water system as well as other green related rebates.

well done - the rental market is ridiculous so you just need to deliver it onto the market asap

Not yet but I'm quietly optimistic that we'll be seeing some growth this year.

how much better do you want it? if it gets much better it will become a political issue and you never know they may actually do something about it (not likely but you never know). Stock levels are getting to where they were at the height of the boom about 7 years ago - that was really nuts. Impossible to make money as a real estate agent as there was just nothing for sale and any half wit could stick a for sale sign out the front and be inundated so no agents required for the few listings that did come out. Would be interesting to compare turnover now to that of 7 years ago... if it is similar then there must be some agents really doing it tough out there?

how much better do you want it? if it gets much better it will become a political issue and you never know they may actually do something about it (not likely but you never know). Stock levels are getting to where they were at the height of the boom about 7 years ago - that was really nuts. Impossible to make money as a real estate agent as there was just nothing for sale and any half wit could stick a for sale sign out the front and be inundated so no agents required for the few listings that did come out. Would be interesting to compare turnover now to that of 7 years ago... if it is similar then there must be some agents really doing it tough out there?

I agree stock levels are low but I'm not seeing much of a corresponding CG. Lower end markets are increasing in price but I think pricing for many suburbs is showing little or small gains.
So I'm expecting the low stock levels to follow the rental market which is high. The higher the rents the more attractive buying becomes and they will enter the buying market and compete against too few houses. The price of houses will go up and price more renters out of buying.
Win win for most of us.
That's my 2 cents - which I want to be worth more in 12mths time

reiwa25.png

wow there is a real head of steam building in this market... I'm seeing stuff that's been on and off the market for years shifting. even the beach house market is moving. once the system frees up you can really see how it lets people move around

wow there is a real head of steam building in this market... I'm seeing stuff that's been on and off the market for years shifting. even the beach house market is moving. once the system frees up you can really see how it lets people move around

+1.

capital is being released slowly - seeing it build now.

good time to be in property if for nothing other than the rent squeeze.

Definitely has started. I bought a unit that was a bit average about 4 months ago. A tidier one in same complex was advertised for $30,000 more and was under offer at first home open. Will be interesting to see what it goes for. I would have to spend about $6000 on mine to bring up to similar standard.

Back