Perth property listings - under 12,000.

I think this is the key, no-one wants to sell their properties for what they are currently worth. Sellers need to get realistic if they want to sell. Buyers are renting as they don't see value at current prices.

I've sold two properties in the last year, there's plenty of buyers still out there, but they're taking a stand!

sales are rocketing tho...look at the volumes. Buyers are renting because the population is growing and they either dont want to buy or cant because stocks have dropped too low. So in a sellers market it is now the buyers who need to get realistic - if prices go up there may be some more supply, although it is difficult to create stock when builidng has been and is so depressed.

I think this is the key, no-one wants to sell their properties for what they are currently worth. Sellers need to get realistic if they want to sell. Buyers are renting as they don't see value at current prices.

I've sold two properties in the last year, there's plenty of buyers still out there, but they're taking a stand!

I was planning on selling one of my 2bedders early next year for around $340-350k, and the place next door has just been listed as between $370-$400k. wtf. Granted it is a bit neater, but not $50k neater, or maybe my goal is a bit too low and I can expect a higher price for mine??? Sellers market for sure.

if FMG goes under I am worried about the confidence on the WA market. along with the worst kept secret in town about Rio and their projects. Good for rents tho.

Hi All
My g/friend sold this reno she completed, first day of opening, can not disclose the amount, but she was very happy with outcome.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-nedlands-111371831

I am not familiar with this market but to sell on first day is brilliant.

Cheers MTR

I can see why this one sold so quick - to have made a dollar doing a reno on this is great, the original vendors must have left a lot of money on the table. Value for money will always move - there wouldn't be much else around for this price tag with those inclusions

I can see why this one sold so quick - to have made a dollar doing a reno on this is great, the original vendors must have left a lot of money on the table. Value for money will always move - there wouldn't be much else around for this price tag with those inclusions

agreed

my initial thought when this came on was that it was pretty cheap, especially as the one next door is for sale at a similar price but needs a lot more work

pretty average location but a lot of house for that price in nedlands

Save me looking up the regs.

Do you know if there is a limit on the size of your backyard if you do it this way?

You will still want to look up the regs as it depends on when hte pool was installed as to what the fencing requirements are.

http://www.irvingandkeenan.com.au/visualInfo.aspx?ty=mp&pid=260520

She sold this one for $3.05M about 4 years ago, paid $1.15 M.

Back on the market, big price drop as you can see.

RW
She is an interior designer/architect has her own business, she was doing this stuff for her clients in Dalkeith making money for these guys, they would employ her on various reno investment projects, eventually she decided to do it alone.

MTR

wow! actually i remember reading an article a couple of years ago in one of the property liftouts, was she interviewed? from memory it was an interior architect who was selling her property in mt lawley

it's not much of a price drop really for that level of property. In that range you would expect about 25% off the price tag - maybe they are dreaming at that ask?

wow! actually i remember reading an article a couple of years ago in one of the property liftouts, was she interviewed? from memory it was an interior architect who was selling her property in mt lawley

Yes, that's correct, you have a good memory some time back now.

it's not much of a price drop really for that level of property. In that range you would expect about 25% off the price tag - maybe they are dreaming at that ask?

Your right Oz,
I would say in this market perhaps $2.5M would be close, desirable location near Perth Ladies College, but Mt Lawley has been hit bad.... all familiar.

I recall the days when houses would not hit the market as agents have lists of buyers waiting for these, not the case now.

MTR

Back