Perth property listings - under 12,000.

i think you'll find that was as good as it was going to get - still agood market though.

heading into october we're all going to get the jitters with the traditional dow/sp stock sell off.

i think you'll find that was as good as it was going to get - still agood market though.

heading into october we're all going to get the jitters with the traditional dow/sp stock sell off.

and... if (a big if) there is no big sell-off as anticipated.. hang on to our hat with the resource sector kicking off again alongside with energy sector!? I am aware though that the recent strength in the market is probably just a "pump and dump" by the big boys

and... if (a big if) there is no big sell-off as anticipated.. hang on to our hat with the resource sector kicking off again alongside with energy sector!? I am aware though that the recent strength in the market is probably just a "pump and dump" by the big boys

commodities taking off, US on the come back, iron ore prices back up, talk of a house price boom in Aus... it's been a long time in the wilderness but things look on the up

10,800 now. I don't think we are going to see sub 10,000

I hadn't realised it but the huge glut of villas in Westminster/Nollamara has practically disappeared. The glut had been there for around 2-3 years and now there is very low numbers.

have you seen the rental values? at 330k for a 3 bedder, the current spate of rent prices plus those super attractive 3yr fixed rates could mean a neutral property in 4-5 years.

Hi Aaron
we just finished a minor reno on a property we purchased 2 months ago. Had it revalued at $30K above purchase price and the rent actually covers the mortgage, thanks to those low IR, and we will be able to build at the rear eventually.

Interesting times in Perth.

Cheers MTR

have you seen the rental values? at 330k for a 3 bedder, the current spate of rent prices plus those super attractive 3yr fixed rates could mean a neutral property in 4-5 years.

Yup I have 3 of them in Westminster :) It's awesome. My rents are $500, $460 and $450 per week :eek:. Personally couldn't be happier - I wonder what will happen again in 12mths in the suburbs. Currently the developers are picking up EVERY development block there is so I think in another 12mths there will be another glut.

Hi Aaron
we just finished a minor reno on a property we purchased 2 months ago. Had it revalued at $30K above purchase price and the rent actually covers the mortgage, thanks to those low IR, and we will be able to build at the rear eventually.

Interesting times in Perth.

Cheers MTR

Great news!

the rise in number for sale seems to have flattend out again

This week's stats:

Real_Facts.jpg

Transaction volume picked up while the listings stabilised. The number of properties for rent did go up faster compared to last week though.

Currently the developers are picking up EVERY development block there is so I think in another 12mths there will be another glut.

Unless theyre doing multis how on earth are they making good profit? Every time ive looked in the area i havent been able to see more than 10-15% profit on deals

it's builders, sanj.

small time, do maybe 10-12 a year, the profit on the build is what they eat with for the next year.

no funding, all out of pocket. nice position to be in.

Well looks like Perth is moving very nicely....my house in Butler is will complete by Jan 2013. It looks like land for buidls is starting to dry up.

Had breakfast with a real estate agent and nearly choked on my coffee when he said my new build for 4x2x2 in Butler which I build for 345k fully complete is likely to rent for 450pw. This is $50 more than last year.

Looking to repeat with anothrer in Ellenbrook and have already been given a figure of $420pw for 3x2x2 on small block for a 323k build price.

Wow...I am amazed how quickly rentals are moving......

Well looks like Perth is moving very nicely....my house in Butler is will complete by Jan 2013. It looks like land for buidls is starting to dry up.

Had breakfast with a real estate agent and nearly choked on my coffee when he said my new build for 4x2x2 in Butler which I build for 345k fully complete is likely to rent for 450pw. This is $50 more than last year.

Looking to repeat with anothrer in Ellenbrook and have already been given a figure of $420pw for 3x2x2 on small block for a 323k build price.

Wow...I am amazed how quickly rentals are moving......

Well played. It's goood when things come together.:D

Well done Sash. I have a prop nearby to butler Bought 319k, 1 yr ago. It rented for about 340 week initially i think. identical properties now rent for 430 week or more.
All the best with your build!

Wow...that is pretty good.

Is yours a 3x2x2 or a 4x2x2?

Well done Sash. I have a prop nearby to butler Bought 319k, 1 yr ago. It rented for about 340 week initially i think. identical properties now rent for 430 week or more.
All the best with your build!

Back