pet get well stories

Walking my little fox terrier one night and this big rottie came bounding out of nowhere straight onto him,
Damn thing had my whole dog in it's mouth and squashed him down into the sand with it's mouth, it had a head like a cow.
Tried to kick it of but l was pretty dubious about trying to drag it of it was really going off .
Anyway the owner came racing out from somewhere and kicked the crap out of it.A few more seconds and that would've been that.

Anyway , we took him home in a pretty bad way , only a few 100 mtrs away .Checked him over and he had 2 huge fang holes in the back and 2 in the belly.
We put some stuff on them and he crawled into he's kennel.
Spoke to the vet , he reckons well , he'll probably die with internal injuries but that could end up costing you or the Rottie owner a few grand if l have to try and fix it and he'll probably die anyway so, l'd just make him comfortable and see if he pulls through.

Low and behold , 2 wks in the kennel , we noticed he was coming out at night for his food and a walk.
We kept looking after his fang holes and they we're healing up. Week and a half and he started coming out to say hello . 2 wks and he was good to go. Tender but of on walks again.

Funniest thing was , my daughter took him out on his first walk and he actually went and pissed on the exact spot where he got chewed up. We thought he wouldn't gone near there again ever.
So that was his response , take that you mongrel, bloody funny really.
Within a wk of that his back to strutting upto dogs 8x his own size again and saying hello.

It was pretty amazing , really gotta hand it to the little man.

Walking my little fox terrier one night and this big rottie came bounding out of nowhere straight onto him,
Damn thing had my whole dog in it's mouth and squashed him down into the sand with it's mouth, it had a head like a cow.
Tried to kick it of but l was pretty dubious about trying to drag it of it was really going off .
Anyway the owner came racing out from somewhere and kicked the crap out of it.A few more seconds and that would've been that.

Anyway , we took him home in a pretty bad way , only a few 100 mtrs away .Checked him over and he had 2 huge fang holes in the back and 2 in the belly.
We put some stuff on them and he crawled into he's kennel.
Spoke to the vet , he reckons well , he'll probably die with internal injuries but that could end up costing you or the Rottie owner a few grand if l have to try and fix it and he'll probably die anyway so, l'd just make him comfortable and see if he pulls through.

Low and behold , 2 wks in the kennel , we noticed he was coming out at night for his food and a walk.
We kept looking after his fang holes and they we're healing up. Week and a half and he started coming out to say hello . 2 wks and he was good to go. Tender but of on walks again.

Funniest thing was , my daughter took him out on his first walk and he actually went and pissed on the exact spot where he got chewed up. We thought he wouldn't gone near there again ever.
So that was his response , take that you mongrel, bloody funny really.
Within a wk of that his back to strutting upto dogs 8x his own size again and saying hello.

It was pretty amazing , really gotta hand it to the little man.

A news story about a month ago, where a woman had a similar situation.
She couldn't get the big dog to loosen his grasp on her little dog....she stuck her finger up the big dogs butt....it let out a screech...and let go.

Something to remember !!!

We have an older golden retriever who has come through a few injuries and illnesses.

About 18 months ago we thought we were going to lose her. She couldn't stand up, when she did she walked around in a circle and fell over again. Her eyes were flickering and rolling to the back of her head, she was vomiting. Generally she was a very sick puppy. I thought she had had a stroke and prepared to say goodbye.

Turns out she had something called Geriatric Vestibular disease - which is related to the nervous system and balance. Few weeks of rest and some medication and she was back to new... and is sitting next to me now.

On the other hand, our cat Nemo died recently which I wasnt expecting. Took him to the vet because he hadnt been eating, but other than that was generally well ... Dr gave him an enema and said he should be fine, just keep him warm and quiet to heal from the procedure. He died that night.

Back