Peter Spann- "Wealth Day 2004"- Sydney, March 13 2004

Firstly, has naybody been to the Melbourne and Brisbane events? How were they?

Secondly, I will be going to the Sydney event. Will any Sydney (or other) forumites be there?

geoffw said:
Firstly, has naybody been to the Melbourne and Brisbane events? How were they?

Secondly, I will be going to the Sydney event. Will any Sydney (or other) forumites be there?

Geoff , do you have a link for those who might be interested ?

See Change

Robyne said:
Not going to this one Geoff but I will be interested in your evaluation of it. Have fun!
Robyne said:
OK, here goes.

An overview

It was a very worthwhile day- one which provided a wealth of information at not much cost ($398 for two “graduates”).

Just a few items.

Peter Spann does not see a lot of growth in Sydney and Melbourne in the next three years- Brisbane has a lot more growth in that time- but suggests that growth in Sydney over 10 years will be more likely to be more than Brisbane. There is a possibility of prices dropping- though historically where there’s been big price drops, he says prices have retraced within three years.

Renovations should be fairly superficial at this stage.

He’s suggesting easing off LVRs to 75% in case there is a big drop in prices. Some banks were foreclosing on people whose LVRs were too high after properties dropped in value.

He is still buying property- but suggests that people with only an interest in property should be considering increasing their exposure to shares.

He suggests that some people may be better off investing in the share market through managed funds.

He views the US economy as being in trouble, but the Asian and European economies are going well. He is recommending a fund which invests in European and Asian shares, which has returned over 25%pa for the last 5 years.

He’s now suggesting that commercial property would be a good investment- but not directly, as many small commercial properties (especially shops and offices) are in competition with big companies with deep pockets. There are property trusts returning 9-12%.

He was recommending “tax advantaged” investments for higher income earners. This is obviously (given my history with tea trees and the like) something I don’t agree with him on.

There were guest speakers from the ASX giving info on products, strategies, and things to look for.

Freeman Fox (Peter’s company) is offering new products- for investment in the Freeman Fox business), for growth investment in residential property, and for using Peter’s Buy and Hold and Covered call strategies- prospectuses are available from www.freemanfox.com.au

I did find the day immensely valuable. I took 29 pages of written notes- so the above is just a little of what was offered.

MrsW went with me- the first time she has been to a Spann event- and found it of great value herself.

If you thought of going, but did not- please kick yourself :D

"If you thought of going, but did not- please kick yourself"

Ouch!

Thanks Geoff sounds interesting. I find it interesting that Peter Spann is advocating (mis)managed funds.

Robyne

Geoffw,

In the advertising mails from Freemanfox, it emphesised that Peter Spann has changed his mind on and investment which he has been bagging for the last decade. Can you enlighten me and other forum readers as to what it was......managed funds(property and shares) or Network marketing??

cool bananas said:
Geoffw,

In the advertising mails from Freemanfox, it emphesised that Peter Spann has changed his mind on and investment which he has been bagging for the last decade. Can you enlighten me and other forum readers as to what it was......managed funds(property and shares) or Network marketing??
CB,

Peter now promotes managed funds and tax effective agricultural investments.

He promotes a fund which invests in Europe and Asia which has apparently been doing well; Freeman Fox is also setting up a fund which uses Peter’s Power Stock selection criteria for growth stocks, and which generates income by writing covered calls. It does charge a flat fee regardless of performance- there is an additional fee if the fund outperforms the ASX 300- but only if it’s a positive performance.

As a licenced financial advisor, he feels that these products fill the need of some of his clients- especially those in the high wealth Platinum Club.

He feels that many people are too heavily weighted towards just property- and that a managed fund can provide exposure to the sharemarket for those people not willing to invest directly.

I downloaded the Fox-Invest prospectus from the website a few weeks back and it looks very good. I am considering putting some money into that.

Didn't go to the recent seminar, but have been to his seminars in the past. I found his share market strategies fantastic, so given the chance for him to invest on my behalf then I'm all for it.

I think we will see some strong increases in shareholder value in the coming years.

Back