Picking the best time to value your IP

Are there ways to pick the best possible time to have your investment Property/properties valued for equity. Beside talking to Realestate Agents and looking at comparison property sales is there any other suggestions? Maybe websites, etc, that you would trust to accurately value your property before sending in the valuers?

RP data/ Price finder to find comparable SOLD data.

Typically i find prices are higher during the summer/spring buy frenzy- as prices tend to peak during summer with more sunlight and outdoor actives etc..

So i personally always re-value most of my " house/land" properties right after summer for equity ( the summer sales normally shows up in the valuers recent comparable)

RP data/ Price finder to find comparable SOLD data.

Typically i find prices are higher during the summer/spring buy frenzy- as prices tend to peak during summer with more sunlight and outdoor actives etc..

So i personally always re-value most of my " house/land" properties right after summer for equity ( the summer sales normally shows up in the valuers recent comparable)

Thanks Mick yes that makes sense I might have a look now then compare prices after spring.

Just looked at RP data for pricing my 7 investment properties and I very much doubt that it's even close to the actual value of any of the properties.

Just looked at RP data for pricing my 7 investment properties and I very much doubt that it's even close to the actual value of any of the properties.

RP residex APM et al, are just a guide.

if you have a prop thats way below the median, OR you bought way below market at the time, this tends to flow through the algorythm for a result that looks so so

ta
rolf

I just went through and valued all of them so I could get an idea on how accurate the values where. I valued properties at weipa, rocky, Gladstone, Boyne island, chinchilla and Scarborough. Most where I would say $50- $70k lower then I would of expected however the chinchilla property was about $50k higher then expected.. That's not accurate enough for me. Maybe it's because of low sales volumes?

I am on the same boat as you with rpdata AVM. they seem to be way off to some comparable.

like Mike_C said, continuous monitor the comparable in your area, say last 3 months. as soon as you get a superior, comparable and inferior property that is in your favour, go for it.

Desktop vals are getting more and more accurate all the time, as are the vals on your rates notices.

That said there is always a margin of error. In my experience more often than not, when we overide a desktop val with a full valuation, the full valuation comes back less than the desktop.

Back