Pistorius - Does he have a leg to stand on?

Oscar Pistorius - Blade Runner - Olympian. Allegedly shoots and kills girlfriend. Accidental killing? Roid rage? Jealously?

It will be interesting to see how a high profile athlete squeezes out of this one. Could it be another OJ Simpson? Or will he be heading for a long term in the slammer?

Saw the corny jokes a few hours after the breaking news - I dont have any to add *yet!

Hard pressed to believe he could shoot an 'intruder' through a door, without asking to identify themself (ie. ask if it is his GF)

As a side note, Im heading to South Africa to do a race in 6 weeks. Each week it gets closer, the more scared I get. Heading over by myself, knowing no-one or anything about the place! Might get in my head and make me race faster :D!

pinkboy

As a side note, Im heading to South Africa to do a race in 6 weeks. Each week it gets closer, the more scared I get. Heading over by myself, knowing no-one or anything about the place! Might get in my head and make me race faster :D!

pinkboy

Where are you heading to in South Africa?

I had no probs travelling around there for a month but I took the usual cautionary measures. It does have a different vibe to it compared to other African countries I've visited - people seem a lot more on edge.

The nature/scenery is amazing.

Cheers

Jamie

South Africa has one of the highest murder rates in the world. Certain 'hoods you don't want to enter. Im sure you will be well advised when you're there.

I think Oscar could defend the charges on the basis he drank so much that he was legless at the time of the shooting.

Where are you heading to in South Africa?

The race is in Port Elizabeth. Im no real traveller, only going for the race! No sight seeing, no wife and daughter, no distractions! Sounds harsh, but I am having a real crack at this race! 26 weeks training for something means a lot of time and $$ invested into this.

I am a sensible traveller, keeping to main areas, and hyper cautious probably to the point where it is unenjoyable. Just me I guess.

Cant wait!

pinkboy

I might be out on a limb here, but he will be ok, mates will stick by. You know, a friend in knees is a friend indeed.

The guy sounds like a real loose cannon; sleeping with guns, threatening to kill people, shooting people who are using the bathroom during the night (and not thinking to check if it's someone from the household/rolling over in bed to see if the gf is there :roll eyes: ), crying like a baby in the courtroom.

If he was s******g himself at home, he's going to be s******g himself big time in jail. I reckon they might have to watch him like a hawk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back