Please consider the plodders

G'day All

I would just like to comment on some recent events and ask posters to consider something.

Before ripping peoples posts and strategies to shreds please consider the plodders (and others) in the investment world who are trying to learn here.

A lot of people here have a very significant amount of knowledge they are prepared to pass on through good will. I for one would like to see them all stick around. I would also like to see the people with alternate views stick around, the bulls and the bears.

Sure! question strategies and ideas and debate them if you have the knowledge to do it. Then we will all learn more. But don't undermine them unless you know exactly what your talking about and can back it up.

I personally have been investing for over 20 years in both property and shares. I should be a multi-millionaire, right? Well I'm not :( and no I didn't get caught in the tech boom or anything silly like that.

Since reading this forum (previously under a different name) my knowledge and investment performance have accelerated. So please don't attack the providers of this wonderful free resource.

There are lots of different levels of people here but please consider the plodders :)

There, I feel better now.

Also, thanks to the moderators you do a fantastic job.

Sleeper

On forums (forumii?) such as these both the author and reader need to be careful, because without face to face contact it is VERY easy to take umbrage at something you read when the author was just a little tongue in cheek or bantering a bit.

I doubt any regular poster here hasn't been surprised by reactions to what they thought was a harmless post, even if a little controversial. I certainly have.

Having been here for over a year now and learning people's styles I don't put my foot in it as often as I did, but still not perfect. The majority here are caring and helpful and only snarl when provoked so if you feel slighted, re-read the post with an open mind, possibly read other posts by the author before hitting the keyboard.

A very friendly Thommo.

I too have been a bit surprised by a few replies I have received. But I don't take it personally, and am not offended. People are different and are going to respond differently.

If you ever feel upset, remember the old line that appears in the intro to Donald Trump's show The Apprentice - "It's not personal, it's business". :D

Good post Sleeper!

Can I also say that I feel that people who present theories as fact or predictions as reality or claim that their way only is THE RIGHT WAY need to be challenged in this forum and others.

Leaving them unchallenged leads to the risk of new people reading certain opinions & believing they are the view of the majority of the forum or are truth.

This could then lead them into poor investments without sufficient due diligence.

Challenge all assumptions & accept a diversity of views.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Back