PM charging for work not done

Recently we moved into our rental in Brisbane. House was a mess and PM really didn't care but that's a whole other story.

13months ago I recieved a call stating that a new vanity was needed in the bathroom due to damage and some leaking. approved the works, it was duly taken off the rent.

When we moved in I noticed that a) there is no sign of works having been done in that area (no tiles had been cut either at floor level or above, no new paint shadow etc and tbh the vanity did not look 13months old), also the paint on the walls matches paint on the vanity where it hadn't been taped properly when last painted (years ago pre our purchase)

What can I do in this situation? I don't have photos of the original unfortunately. Also not sure if it would be a PM issue or a tradie issue

Simple - the agent must have a copy of the invoice and the information should be there.

Further, check your agency agreement and if they are responsible for R&M then they should have a filenote on their inspection of the works.

If you have a concern take it up with the PM. If they do not want to listen to your concerns, then follow up the Licensee.

If they tell you to chase the contractor advise them that they contracted said works and it is up to them to follow up.

At the end of the day, if the amount isn't high then I would not be too fussed.

For future reference, I have all my properties photographed and those images used as part of the ingoing inspection report that the tenant signs.

Saves a fuss later.

We had a similar repair done recently to an IP.

PM sent photos of the damaged area around the old vanity and we authorised a replacement vanity. We told the PM we wanted to see a photo of the new vanity installed before they paid, which is what happened.
Marg

Back