PM fees for Jupiter- Is it me who is twisted?

Would a 2 weeks rental fee, / 1 week renewal fee be acceptable

• snap up the offer before it disappears

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than reasonable

• very reasonable

• slightly unresonable

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • a tad expensive

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Holy $?it...are you pullin my leg............ LMAO

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would a 2 weeks rental fee and a 1 week renewal fee for an existing tenant be quite reasonable.
I have also been quoted about a 5% fee of the weekly rental to have a property inspection done.

In the world I live in this seems outrageous.
Does anyone else live on my planet?
Should I explore the universe more?
Do I need a reality check?
Should I snap up this offer?

$5.50 for postage and petties

Last edited by a moderator:
gg

It may depend on the city you have a rental property.

But those fees do sound high to me.

Perhaps. as an expat, you are being charged as much as they think you can bear?

I'd shop around other PMs in your chosen area.

There should be no letting fees for renewing the lease of an existing tenant. That should be part of the management.

We only charge a letting fee if we actually go through the process of interviewing and screening new tenants also showing through. That's hard work but once it's done it's done, tenant is already there and there should be no further letting fees, unless new tenant needs to be chosen all over again.

Sounds like my managing agent in Darwin. Each year a new lease is written...each year charges 1 week letting fee even though same tenant for the last 2 years (tenant had been in property for 3 years before I bought). Also charges an annual fee of one weeks rent (coz I signed the form where that box was ticked in letting agreement)...well, used to until we had a bit of a discussion about it. Managing fee is 8% + gst 0.8%

Agent

gee that's high

i pay 6.6% management fee which includes all running around, full management and inspections. if i go to court there is a small additional fee charged. i also only pay $4.40 postage and handling. 2 weeks reletting fee if new tenant required. all gst inclusive.

and my pm is brilliant - totally on the ball, been in the game 20 years and nothing is too much trouble. i'd recommend her to anyone in newcastle area.

I pay first weeks rent + gst for a new lease,
6% + gst management fee,
no postage/sundry/admin fee,
no fee for lease renewals

And i know for a fact that i can get an even lower management fee (4% + gst) with another agency.
p.s i have 2 ip's

Adelaide PM agents

Sounds like my managing agent in Darwin. Each year a new lease is written...each year charges 1 week letting fee even though same tenant for the last 2 years (tenant had been in property for 3 years before I bought). Also charges an annual fee of one weeks rent (coz I signed the form where that box was ticked in letting agreement)...well, used to until we had a bit of a discussion about it. Managing fee is 8% + gst 0.8%

Agent
Actually the figures I got are from Adelaide, around Glenelg/Marino area.
Although i have found a few reasonable agents.

As i need to make a decision in the next month or so does anyone have a few names I can phone.The cheapest or the most expensive don't necessarily give the best value for money.I like to keep my options open for the time being.

Back